R231 sl 400

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How does that work then? Do you simply drive about following each other pretending to be Top Gear presenters? 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
We just drive about and chat on our radios. Great fun.

CB radio??

gen-single-web.jpg

Hi All
Sorry to jump into this thread but as a fellow SL400 2015 owner I wanted to pick up on one thing that C240Sport97 mentioned in his original and excellent write up on his car: that being the lightness and lack of feel in the steering. It’s about the only thing that lets the driving experience down for me.
So I was wondering if any of the Tech Gurus on here can say whether the MB STAR diagnosis unit has the ability to reprogram the power steering ecu to “harden” up the steering feel? I understand from an Audi tech I know that this is possible on some high end Audis, so I thought why not Mercs too?

Thanks

Hi All
Sorry to jump into this thread but as a fellow SL400 2015 owner I wanted to pick up on one thing that C240Sport97 mentioned in his original and excellent write up on his car: that being the lightness and lack of feel in the steering. It’s about the only thing that lets the driving experience down for me.
So I was wondering if any of the Tech Gurus on here can say whether the MB STAR diagnosis unit has the ability to reprogram the power steering ecu to “harden” up the steering feel? I understand from an Audi tech I know that this is possible on some high end Audis, so I thought why not Mercs too?

Thanks
Maybe have the steering setting changed to that for the SL63, but that car is much heavier - especially in front

Maybe have the steering setting changed to that for the SL63, but that car is much heavier - especially in front
Thanks. So you are suggesting that STAR can indeed adjust power assisted steering feel? Though as I want a heavier feel to my steering, I would assume that the changes for a heavier car (SL63) would in fact make the steering even lighter?

Thanks. So you are suggesting that STAR can indeed adjust power assisted steering feel? Though as I want a heavier feel to my steering, I would assume that the changes for a heavier car (SL63) would in fact make the steering even lighter?
I have no idea whether it can be adjusted via STAR.

I have driven the 63, the steering was definitely heavier and more feelsome.

Does the 400 not have electric power steering (question rather than a statement. I have no idea)

I have it on my CLS500 4.7 and to be honest, apart from being a little more direct, I would struggle to tell the difference from my old CLS55k.

I have it on my CLS500 4.7 and to be honest, apart from being a little more direct, I would struggle to tell the difference from my old CLS55k.
steering on my CLS55 was not as light nor as artificial feeling

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom