Range Rover Evoque - Facelift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuartK

MB Enthusiast
Car
F82 M4
So in pursuit of a sensible daily drive in light of the fact that 15k-20k miles a year in a C63 might be a little bit frivulous and an irresponsible use of cash.

Anyone actually owned a long term one of these?

The new ingenium diesel looks a great frugal option in a luxury car.

Thoughts on them?

I test drove one a couple of years ago, with the earlier engine. The car was very nice, but the 9-speed gearbox was constantly shifting which made it feel like an electric train.

I saw one just like this today. Very nice:

Night_02a_165_Device-Desktop_1820x1023_295-220368_1820x1023.jpg

They certainly look good, especially in three door form. My son has a hankering for one and so did my wife….she likes our FFRR too much to be tempted by an Evoque now. Very capable vehicles, much more so than the soft-roaders e.g. X1, X3 etc and far better looking, inside and out. Have you seen the Top Gear and Fifth Gear clips on Youtube?

They certainly look good, especially in three door form. My son has a hankering for one and so did my wife….she likes our FFRR too much to be tempted by an Evoque now. Very capable vehicles, much more so than the soft-roaders e.g. X1, X3 etc and far better looking, inside and out. Have you seen the Top Gear and Fifth Gear clips on Youtube?

No I havnt googled them I must watch.

I wish they did a 3.0 diesel in it but I suppose it would defeat the object.

Ideally I'd like the sport but they are about £10k over budget at moment

This is a woman's jeep. Stop any thoughts of having one for yourself. Our school run is flooded with these driven by hot milfs.
And yes I enjoy dropping the kids off in the morning.

Currently driving a C250 cdi AMG Sport Plus Coupe that's scheduled to go back this July (end of Agility agreement).

Took the 2.0 TD4 Auto 5dr Exoque HSE Dynamic out for a test drive last weekend and I have to say that the gearbox and engine blew mine out of the water in terms of refinement. I could barely hear the engine and I found the gear changes to be almost imperceptible. I can't say I noticed the box hunting for a gear as some reviewers have described. My only issue was that even though it was the latest version, the satnav/infotainment still wasn't nearly as good as my 4 year old Becker!

It was certainly in the running until I took an A6 Quattro 3.0 tdi (272) Black Edition out. Engine and interior made the Evoque and MB look pretty ordinary and current Personal Lease prices are well under the equivalent for JLR and MB.

Currently driving a C250 cdi AMG Sport Plus Coupe that's scheduled to go back this July (end of Agility agreement).

Took the 2.0 TD4 Auto 5dr Exoque HSE Dynamic out for a test drive last weekend and I have to say that the gearbox and engine blew mine out of the water in terms of refinement. I could barely hear the engine and I found the gear changes to be almost imperceptible. I can't say I noticed the box hunting for a gear as some reviewers have described. My only issue was that even though it was the latest version, the satnav/infotainment still wasn't nearly as good as my 4 year old Becker!

It was certainly in the running until I took an A6 Quattro 3.0 tdi (272) Black Edition out. Engine and interior made the Evoque and MB look pretty ordinary and current Personal Lease prices are well under the equivalent for JLR and MB.

A6 BiTdi V6 is a good option!!!

The new ingenium diesel looks a great frugal option in a luxury car.

We vaguely looked at Discovery Sport and "frugal" isn't a comment repeated by many owners in regard to the Ingenium diesel engine!

We vaguely looked at Discovery Sport and "frugal" isn't a comment repeated by many owners in regard to the Ingenium diesel engine!

The demo I looked at today was showing 43.9mpg I reckon that's ok?

The demo I looked at today was showing 43.9mpg I reckon that's ok?
Stuart my wife's 320cdi does that.
It should be better than that. Then again coming from a car with a massive drink problem , everything else is economical.

Stuart my wife's 320cdi does that.
It should be better than that. Then again coming from a car with a massive drink problem , everything else is economical.

Well I been looking at MB but it's led to a dead end.

E class is about to be replaced
C class no V6 option in diesel now
CLS I preferred the first model
Leaves the S class which is a consideration I suppose but it's a bit well old man for a 27 year old! :wallbash:

Go for the Bi TDi :thumb:

bobby-dazzler-albums-audi-a6-picture8848-image.jpg

If you want a cheap lease sensible daily driver you cannot ignore s Golf GTD, defo the most surprisingly great cars I have ever had!! Active cruise control is superb!! I've ordered a BITDI BE Avant as the so support that choice too...!

As for the Evoke, cracking car.... For a girl. [emoji1444][emoji104]

Last edited:
Our school run is flooded with these driven by hot milfs.

Harry,

I'm sure Stu would appreciate a picture or 10 to help with his research. Just to back up your point obviously.

(Oh, and feel free to include a pic of the odd Evoque too) :bannana:

Ant. :D

Leaves the S class which is a consideration I suppose but it's a bit well old man for a 27 year old! :wallbash:

I kinda disagree Stu. I know the S Class doesn't have the image of your C63 but I wouldn't say it's an old man image (like the E Class :crazy:) it oozes class I think.

However, not sure it'll be much better MPG wise to your C63.

Ant. :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
StuartK said:
So in pursuit of a sensible daily drive in light of the fact that 15k-20k miles a year in a C63 might be a little bit frivulous and an irresponsible use of cash. Anyone actually owned a long term one of these? The new ingenium diesel looks a great frugal option in a luxury car. Thoughts on them?

This is obviously a car for the Mrs yes?

Awwwww. Poor Stu. All he did was mention the Evoque. Now he's being ridiculed from all angles.

Could have been worse. He could have asked opinions on a Mini JCW. :D

Ant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom