• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

rear tail light seals

giusepppe

Car
2007 S320 Cdi W221
HI, l am looking for a rear tail light seals, the one that goes onto the boot lid, its on a E220 Cdi 2001, anyone know of a dealer, Mercedes only sell the whole lamp unit with seal, but not separately. thanks for any help.

Hi,
Isn't the seal actually stuck to the light effectively part of the light rather than a separate item, it was on my 202.The only way I can see you getting a new seal is getting a new rear light cluster, though you could try to make a new one using suitably sized draught excluder and stick it on.

thanks Andy, I never thought of that, that's a brilliant idea, cheers. Still got the radio I bought off you, have to see if Malcolm can fix my old one.

It might be a bit difficult sticking it around the curves of the light as the excluder is obviously straight, but if you were to cut out 1-2mm sections approx. halfway across the width of the excluder at regular distances on the inside of the curves this should assist in helping it round the shape of the light cluster.
Glad the stereo is still in good shape, that was a good few years ago now 2009ish? at Portland Bill wasn't it?

Hi Andy, the one I want to fix is on the boot lid, which is flat, so not a problem, as for the radio, can not remember the year, but I popped round to your place to pick it up, on the Salisbury road I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom