ref machine polishing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chubbs111

Car
clk270cdi
is there anyone thats clued up on machine polishing i bought a da polisher and need to know what compound/polish to buy and what pads its a black car with minor swirls

Mercedes I take it? Get the Meguiars DA Microfibre system. It is superb and will allow you to fully correct your paint. If you don't fancy forking out for that then Menzerna 3.02 (Cutting) and SF4000 (Refining) polishes and their white and yellow pads.

If you aren't looking to correct and don't mind filling swirls something like Autobrite Extreme Glaze on a soft Hexlogic pad will be fine.

what ever you do don't forget to seal it afterwards though :)

Hello

I have no idea why you would suggest rosa, as its liquid wax super filler and has nothing to do with removing defects from paint.

The Meguiars microfibre system is an excellent product. But after extensive testing it cuts alot faster then most compounds on a rotary. So to a hobbyist I wouldnt recommend it just in case. There are meny compounds, polishes, fillers and pads on the market, so it's what you find works best for you. My personal opinion is to go with a tester kit that is bang up to date. This way you will have compound and polihes to suit 90% of the tasks in hand. If you want my opinion on compounds and polishes, then go for scholl concepts. They are at the height of modern compounds and polishes. Very easy to work with, very low dusting minimal silicone fillers. Mix these up with there pads and you will get great results. Below is a link to the 3 main ones you will use over time in testers.

Scholl Concepts Polish Sample Kit 250g - Elite Car Care

These are great as you could do between 3-5 cars with these so plenty to play with. Here are the links to the pads to get.

Compounding/slightly aggressive polishing, without the use of wool/sandwich pads:

Scholl Concepts Orange Polishing Pad 145mm - Elite Car Care

This pad can be used for compounding too but is a little softer so great with the medium cut polishes.

Scholl Concepts Orange Polishing Pad 145mm - Elite Car Care

This pad is great for your refining to give the car that super wet glossy finish after the machine polishing stage.

Scholl Concepts A15 One-Step Allround Medium Cut Polish 250g - Elite Car Care

So a small re cap:

For compounding use the orange pad with s3 gold edition.

For polishing use the blue pad with s17.

For refining use the black waffle pad with the s40.

But with all modern products of this nature you can mix it up. The s3 can be used with the blue pad and the s17 can be used with all 3 pads etc...

Hope that helps.

Mike

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom