Remapping on pcp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gibbon15

Car
Cla 180
Remapping on finance

Looking at possibly remapping my cla 180 amg sport as it may look nice but a bit on the slow side. Is it safe to remap while on finance agreement

Last edited:
You'll need written permission from the finance company

You'll need written permission from the finance company

And that's never going to happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at possibly remapping my cla 180 amg sport as it may look nice but a bit on the slow side. Is it safe to remap while on finance agreement
Probably better to peel off any AMG badges and tape over those that you can't remove. Ditto any reference to 'Sport'
That way no one will thinks its a fast car and will forgive you for not accelerating like an AMG.

Sorry if that sounds harsh but that's life.

Probably better to peel off any AMG badges and tape over those that you can't remove. Ditto any reference to 'Sport'
That way no one will thinks its a fast car and will forgive you for not accelerating like an AMG.

Sorry if that sounds harsh but that's life.

The AMG Sport reference is to the bodykit, there will not be any AMG or Sport badges.

So there is not a single reference to AMG anywhere on the car, inside and out ?

if so why do they call it an AMG body kit ? why not just 'body kit' and charge a few quid less for it ?...

Because it makes people think there in the top of the range sport model and get all chuffed because it has an amg badge on it same with those plebs that put amg badges on a car that's not an amg just makes them feel special.

Because it makes people think there in the top of the range sport model and get all chuffed because it has an amg badge on it same with those plebs that put amg badges on a car that's not an amg just makes them feel special.

I have an e class coupe, amg line. I didn't decide to name it that, Mercedes did. I bought it because it was the top spec and had the equipment I wanted. Does that make me a pleb? Does that make me feel special? No.

I have an e class coupe, amg line. I didn't decide to name it that, Mercedes did. I bought it because it was the top spec and had the equipment I wanted. Does that make me a pleb? Does that make me feel special? No.

Read what I wrote before getting all emotional! I said that they call it that (mercedes) to make people feel special like there buying an amg when in reality it's just a trim level, the pleb bit refers to people that put the fake badges on there cars so calm down sweetheart, they should of kept it to sport not making out its an amg.

Oy, what's all this rubbish talk? It's a DOHC 16V 1.6L turbocharged engine and it has both pace and grace in abundance.

150+ bhp and sub-10 sec 0-60 is the stuff I used to dream about when I started driving. So there.

Oy, what's all this rubbish talk? It's a DOHC 16V 1.6L turbocharged engine and it has both pace and grace in abundance.

150+ bhp and sub-10 sec 0-60 is the stuff I used to dream about when I started driving. So there.

Lmao

P

Oh **** me here we go again with the same it's not an AMG ********.

AMG line is like M Sport, just a trim level. This is not hard to grasp. Then there are AMG and M cars. These are different things.

Allow Sesame Street to explain.

https://youtu.be/FClGhto1vIg

If the OP takes the badges off and gives you a 100 lines "I'm so sorry it's not an AMG" is a remap then ok?

Can I have a remap? I promise I don't have any sporty trim anywhere.

Last edited:

Its definitely not 150+ BHP

This thread has got off track a bit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to back track a little and go back to the original post.

As stated in post #4 by Whitenemesis, you will need permission to map a leased car. Also JBD mentions in post #5 that this will not happen, so the answer to the question is probably no, it's not safe to map it as if anything goes wrong, you'll become liable for the lot.

Just to back track a little and go back to the original post.

As stated in post #4 by Whitenemesis, you will need permission to map a leased car. Also JBD mentions in post #5 that this will not happen, so the answer to the question is probably no, it's not safe to map it as if anything goes wrong, you'll become liable for the lot.

How will anyone ever know you have mapped your car?

How will anyone ever know you have mapped your car?

Have a big enough accident, incurring potentially high costs and the insurers will find out. No remap is invisible. "Do you feel lucky, punk?" :D

[YOUTUBE HD]8Xjr2hnOHiM[/YOUTUBE HD]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom