Remapping on pcp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have a big enough accident, incurring potentially high costs and the insurers will find out. No remap is invisible. "Do you feel lucky, punk?" :D

I just do get how they can tell with something that's affectively just software so yeah I'd feel more than lucky, if it was me I would have it mapped I think people are just over thinking it.

You'd be dead on the sidewalk then..

Every time the EPROM is flashed, be it a service update or a new map, it leaves traces, flags are set, checksum numbers change. Not to mention simple version numbers. Any inspector with the right kit and they do have the right kit, will spot it

You'd be dead on the sidewalk then..

Every time the EPROM is flashed, be it a service update or a new map, it leaves traces, flags are set, checksum numbers change. Not to mention simple version numbers. Any inspector with the right kit and they do have the right kit, will spot it

I'd still do it so go for it OP be a man lol don't listen to these bitches lol.

the pleb bit refers to people that put the fake badges on there cars so calm down sweetheart, they should of kept it to sport not making out its an amg.

Just my opinion on the subject Ricky, but I thought you approved of people modding their cars as you have made plenty of mods to yours. :thumb:

You've made changes to your car because you think it's improved it.

People (plebs :dk:) who pop a few badges on their car because they think it looks better. What's the difference?

You seem to have a fairly aggressive posting style that seems to intensify when challenged or mentioned. This is a great laid back forum. Let's try to keep it that why. :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
He paints rubbish cars, why are people entertaining this :D

Just my opinion on the subject Ricky, but I thought you approved of people modding their cars as you have made plenty of mods to yours. :thumb:

You've made changes to your car because you think it's improved it.

People (plebs :dk:) who pop a few badges on their car because they think it looks better. What's the difference?

You seem to have a fairly aggressive posting style that seems to intensify when challenged or mentioned. This is a great laid back forum. Let's try to keep it that why. :thumb:

Modified cars and sticking fake badges on trying to pretend the cars something it's not is not modifieng, you know this deep down my friend, I am laid back HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT TO ME I DON'T INTENSIFY WHEN CHALLENGED!!!! lol I'm only joking mate.

My number plate holder says AMG on it, does that count? My AMG wheels also say AMG on them! I also have the AMG bodykit on my car but no actual AMG stick on badges so I guess I am ok.:dk:

This is on my SL and ML.:D

Last edited:
The point is that he HASN'T modded anything, AMG line and M Sport come like that from the factory.

A friend of mine had a CLK with an AMG bodykit and was insistent that the car was an AMG. I tried to tell them why it wasn't but to no avail.

Anyway I guess the OP got bored with the AMG, not AMG discussion and has gone elsewhere.

The point is that he HASN'T modded anything, AMG line and M Sport come like that from the factory.

And my point is one guy said why not just call it sport, and I said because it makes people feel special like they got more for there money, look at how emotional people are getting because they got a so called amg lol buy calling it an amg is wrong they should of kept to sport, and yeah BMW say M SPORT they don't put m3 or m5 on an m sport car.

In no way was I talking about the OP or his car we was talking about WHY Mercedes use the amg badge on everything these days, and it's true it's marketing.

A friend of mine had a CLK with an AMG bodykit and was insistent that the car was an AMG. I tried to tell them why it wasn't but to no avail.

Anyway I guess the OP got bored with the AMG, not AMG discussion and has gone elsewhere.

LOL I tried explaining the same thing to my cousin about his m sport BMW, he thought it was a proper m3 lol, tried saying it's just a trim level but it was in one ear out the other, he had the dogs bolluks BMW to him lol.

This is because every time someone comes on here asking for advice, who just happens to have a FACTORY AMG-line trim, the answers they get seem to be:

"Rip off your badges now."
"Go and buy a C63"

This is because every time someone comes on here asking for advice, who just happens to have a FACTORY AMG-line trim, the answers they get seem to be:

"Rip off your badges now."
"Go and buy a C63"

He's got a cla so it will be

" Rip of your badges now"
"Go and buy that girly cla45"

All he has to do is pick a fight with a REAL AMG...any real AMG no matter how old, and he will soon realise he does not have a real AMG.

Other than that let him live in peace in his bubble, he's happy. :)

And that^^^^^^^sums it up perfectly. Doesn't matter if the owner 'thinks' they have the real deal. As long as they're happy with their motor that's all that matters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back to the question of more power.

The engine in that car is 122 HP or thereabouts. The same engine used in a C class saloon was 154 Hp so some improvement should be possible.

Back to the question of more power.

The engine in that car is 122 HP or thereabouts. The same engine used in a C class saloon was 154 Hp so some improvement should be possible.

Stage 2 remap Celtic tuning 185hp

All he has to do is pick a fight with a REAL AMG...any real AMG no matter how old, and he will soon realise he does not have a real AMG.

This was part of the point I tried making earlier. The op asked a question and stated the model of his car as given by Mercedes. I'm sure he realises it's just a trim level as I do with mine so there is no need for all the narky comments about it not being a real amg.
Try going into a Mercedes new car showroom nowadays and look for anything that does not have an amg reference somewhere (I know the se's won't but how many base models to they keep in the showroom).

He's got a cla so it will be

" Rip of your badges now"
"Go and buy that girly cla45"

Ah, would that be the AMG that can't possibly be a real AMG as it's only a 4-cylinder? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom