Review of Apple Carplay in a Mercedes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I’m constantly amazed on these new Mercedes....a feature doesn’t work or stops working and the manufacturer has no idea why. It’s a premium car FFS! If I had paid for a feature from new and it stopped working, I’d be fuming!

Question re CarPlay if I may?

New E450 Coupe hopefully arriving next month with the wireless charging option. If iPhone is charging wirelessly does CarPlay work via Bluetooth? Or does the iPhone need to be connected by a wire for CarPlay to work, negating the point of wireless charging?

Thanks.

I’m constantly amazed on these new Mercedes....a feature doesn’t work or stops working and the manufacturer has no idea why. It’s a premium car FFS! If I had paid for a feature from new and it stopped working, I’d be fuming!
I am quietly fuming and have used FFS to myself loads of times. I have spoken to several dealers, useless. Mercedes ME useless. Mercedes Stuttgart, useless. Not one person in Mercedes can answer tech questions.

I am quietly fuming and have used FFS to myself loads of times. I have spoken to several dealers, useless. Mercedes ME useless. Mercedes Stuttgart, useless. Not one person in Mercedes can answer tech questions.

A while ago someone posted a phone number for Mercedes in Holland, apparently they can sort out live traffic issues etc where dealers are unable to. If I come across it myself I'll post it here unless you find it in a search.

A while ago someone posted a phone number for Mercedes in Holland, apparently they can sort out live traffic issues etc where dealers are unable to. If I come across it myself I'll post it here unless you find it in a search.
I think that is Mercedes Me Russ they are in Maastricht?

Question re CarPlay if I may?

New E450 Coupe hopefully arriving next month with the wireless charging option. If iPhone is charging wirelessly does CarPlay work via Bluetooth? Or does the iPhone need to be connected by a wire for CarPlay to work, negating the point of wireless charging?

Thanks.
Unfortunately no. The wireless charging works well but you have to use the USB cable for Car Play.

Unfortunately no. The wireless charging works well but you have to use the USB cable for Car Play.

Cheers, disappointing but not unsurprising.

What technology giveth with one hand, it taketh away with another :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom