• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

RIght sided washer jet not working

drmacf

Car
kompressor C class
Hi Folks,

Just notice that the right-sided water jets are not working. The left single one is working fine, but the 2 on the right just seem to bring out a tiny amount of water and then stops. I have tried inserting pins, to see if there if the nozzle is clogged, but it's of no use. Please find the pics enclosed within

Also, unrelated to this, there has been a long-standing issue of used water, from the windscreen wash, dripping down from the plastic liner, which is meant to prevent it from dripping into the engine. On the right side, it drips as soon as you wash the car.
Maybe there's a leak in the IMG_2597.jpgplastic gutter?
Please do advise
KR

Mel

Attachments

• IMG_2599.JPG
    IMG_2599.JPG
    260.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2603.JPG
    IMG_2603.JPG
    208.2 KB · Views: 11
Can you blow through the jets with an airline?

If not then you may need to replace the faulty one.

Regarding the overflowing water ; there are drains in the centre and sides of the liner, are they all free flowing?

Thanks DSM
Sorry to sound naive but what is an airline?

The drains in the centre look fine. I think there might be a small hole or tear on the right side of the liner, causing this drip.
Regards

Mel

Thanks DSM
Sorry to sound naive but what is an airline?

The drains in the centre look fine. I think there might be a small hole or tear on the right side of the liner, causing this drip.
Regards

Mel
An airline such as garages use for inflating tyres or SCUBA gear. Sometimes just blowing the pipe through may help. 👍

Soundls like a blocked Jet.

forget pins you will damage the nozzle.

Take rubber pipe off back of offending nozzle. Put a staw in your mouth and blow through nozzle (an eg of air line) backwards of water flow.

When I bought my 2005 C-Class, the washers didn't work because the jets were blocked.
A bit of broddling with a fine steel wire (not a pin) soon cleared them.
It sometimes helps if you can get someone to operate the washer while you are broddling the jet.
In older cars you often get a build-up of algae in the washer tank.
A good clean out may be necessary if the problem recurs.

Thanks Johnsco, Mioba and DSM
Will use the straw technique, if that doesn't work will then go to Tesco and use their tyre pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom