Rip off dealer Service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
when will you all learn........

main dealers are for company vehicles where you don't pay the bill

non main dealers...whoever are for people that pay the bill.

it really isn't hard to work out.

if you cant follow simple protocol, then buy ford focus.

Rory said:
Wonder if things will change now Lookers have taken over Drayton. I think individuals having accounts is quite an old-fashioned thing from the days before credit cards. I worked part-time in a garage while I was at college and hardly anyone paid cash, even for fuel. They had a constant nightmare getting some customers to settle but the owner would never put anyone on stop.
Yes we will see what happens now , just hope that the old values and long term customers will be looked after as well as new customers coming through their doors

My main dealer in North Wales is part of the Inchcape group, and are first class.
I have a service plan and just had an A service with Auto gearbox service.
Gave me a 17 plate C250d with all the bells and whistles as a courtesy car for the day, video of work carried out, kept me informed of progress and treated me like royalty.
Can't fault them at all.
They even resolved my boot soft close that wasn't at no charge.
Great service

My main dealer in North Wales is part of the Inchcape group, and are first class.
I have a service plan and just had an A service with Auto gearbox service.
Gave me a 17 plate C250d with all the bells and whistles as a courtesy car for the day, video of work carried out, kept me informed of progress and treated me like royalty.
Can't fault them at all.
They even resolved my boot soft close that wasn't at no charge.
Great service

Whilst I have not had much experience with MB dealers yesterday I called in on spec to Inchcape to buy a service plan. I had tried to buy online and from 2 other dealers without success - didn't seem interested in taking the money! What a difference at Inchcape - service guy was genuinely interested no pressure to buy and was quite prepared to spend the time to discuss the options. Hope their actual work lives up to expectations. No doubt though some will have horror stories about Inchcape.

when will you all learn........

main dealers are for company vehicles where you don't pay the bill

non main dealers...whoever are for people that pay the bill.

it really isn't hard to work out.

if you cant follow simple protocol, then buy ford focus.

Inchcape Chester were OK with me for 10 years - it was always a bit of a battle to get them to do work under the old ServicePlus scheme and, when that ran out, a bit of a battle to get pricing I was happy with, but we got there in the end. They always did the MOTs too - I think the Inchcape MOT guarantee might help ensure the car doesn't fail!

However the car was usually worked on by the son of some friends of ours. Last time it went in he was off and someone else tore the car apart. The service advisor (new, as has so often been the case) was weird about it too. Perhaps he recognised that quoting for work that in total was more than the car is worth was a bit pointless but he couldn't get me out of the showroom quick enough.

So I found a good indie and the car goes there now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom