Roundabout prang.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Skateboard
So travelling on my way home as usual along a dual carriageway with marked dual lanes on the roundabout.

Coming round to my exit (straight over really but still first exit) and spotted a pair of cars with varying damage.

Looks like one guy was in lane 1 of the roundabout had carried on round passed the exit and the other guy was in lane 2 pulling off on that exit. Front NS corner meets front OS door.

At first I thought the one of the guys was waving as he needed help - so when I was able to turn around and go back to see I did. It was clear then that both drivers were out and walking (and smoking!), no one else was in the cars and the guy was probably advising me to slow down although I'd already seen the cars by then.

The roundabout is pointless as there is only one other exit which literally stops after it starts so normally no one would need to go around the roundabout unless they are turning round. In that case, I've only ever seen cars in lane 2 on the roundabout.

However, a lot of cars travel round the roundabout in their respective lanes and exit remaining in their respective lanes - which would lead to this incident - and you can't see over the roundabout so the position of the cars may well have caused another crash if someone wasn't paying attention as they went round the roundabout.

So I flagged down a cop car shortly after (unusual to find one when you need one!) and told them so they could put their car in lane 2 on the roundabout where it could be seen so that filters cars into lane 1 well before the damaged cars.

The bluetwo'd off in a hurry to the scene...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom