Saw a really scary thing today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lisa110rry

Car
1999 SLK Kompressor and a Honda CRV (the latter gone but not forgotten)
We were coming back from a holiday on the boat today, Norfolk to Lancashire. At that place where the M67 joins the M60 (I think, I was driving, directions by my husband), there was a lovely '15 Merc with two of those sort of triangular exhausts standing stationary, with a Merc Rescue Van behind it, middle lane. They were obviously trying to get to the hard shoulder, but cars were passing both sides. I hope it was none of us, but more, I hope it ended okay.

Was that Denton in Manchester Lisa? M67 - M60 Denton island.

Hmmm... a '15 Merc breaking down so badly it could not get from the middle lane to the hard shoulder on its own steam... worrying.

Surprised the rescue van got to the location before the police or highways agency, unless of course the rescue van was being towed by the '15 reg car. :dk::eek:

Yes Ant, that's the place. The vehicle couldn't move to the hard shoulder because traffic was pouring through on both sides. Not on the island though, just along from the slip road.

Blimey that's a gigantic accident waiting to happen- no doubt resulted in closure or rolling block. Surprised that Elf n' Safety allowed Merc rescue personnel to risk their necks like that.

I had to stop in the outside lane of the M1 once - that was definitely scary.

I was also surprised to see it, promise you it's true. I just hope everything was okay in the end. Trouble was, just coming off the slip road, one had to carry on, there was nothing else to do, especially as I was driving my husband's car, something I do very seldom. What I can't work out is how the rescue van arrived before Highway Patrol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom