Scratch Marks Suddenly Appeared on Car / Can you Guess Most Likely Source ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I feel your pain. I've gotten to the point of not looking too close nowadays as you'll raise your blood pressure.

Not very nice, how ever they were caused !! But I'd say that they will polish out and leave the finish as good as new. Thing is to prevent it happening again???

It looks quite low, the height of the rubber ends to a toddler's scooter, perhaps.

You describe the position of the car when you first noticed the scratches- this may not have been the position of the car when the scratches were inflicted? 🤔 The nature of the scratches would indicate the presence of a rough but soft deformable surface rubbed along the side of the car the roughness being inherent in the material or from any grit its picked up?

I'd say scratches from a bush, it's Spring and bushes are growing fast. Councils are not as active as usual so there are lots overgrown at roadsides.

Football does sound like a clever choice tbh

You describe the position of the car when you first noticed the scratches- this may not have been the position of the car when the scratches were inflicted? 🤔 The nature of the scratches would indicate the presence of a rough but soft deformable surface rubbed along the side of the car the roughness being inherent in the material or from any grit its picked up?

I've been racking my brains for where car has been.
Only back and forward to supermarket with me sitting in car so unlikely during this.

That's what got me thinking a soft ball covered in grit moving at speed along the street has done it.

I'd say scratches from a bush, it's Spring and bushes are growing fast. Councils are not as active as usual so there are lots overgrown at roadsides.

Does look very like that, our old Citrioen got scratched visiting friends so had to change how to get to their street. These ones are a mot lighter though.

There's no bushes or the like on way to shops or at shops so I've ruled this out.

Is it possible that it happened at an earlier date, but you only noticed it now when the sun came out?

How could a football cause that amount of damage? Even if you stood there and rubbed the ball on the paintwork with vigour I doubt you could cause that.

Not very nice, how ever they were caused !! But I'd say that they will polish out and leave the finish as good as new. Thing is to prevent it happening again???

Hard to prevent it as I can't say 100% for sure how it has happened but I will be keeping a very close eye out as this car is parked close to mine. ;)

Anyone else driven it ?

Roughly how often do you clean/examine it ?

Just me or the wife and only shops and back, I gave this one a full wash, polish and vacuum a good few weeks back and it hasn't really moved much since.

Is it possible that it happened at an earlier date, but you only noticed it now when the sun came out?

Unlikely as the car had a real good clean a while back.
I even got the seats back out cleaned all the inside that I started ages ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom