Scratch Marks Suddenly Appeared on Car / Can you Guess Most Likely Source ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How could a football cause that amount of damage? Even if you stood there and rubbed the ball on the paintwork with vigour I doubt you could cause that.

It was actually quite hard for me to get them to show in the picture as they are very light.

That was my thinking for a ball as perhaps other things would have made heavier scratches.

Got a few things to do and will see if they polish out today.

Just a thought, does someone on your street have an rc drone as i know for fact when you crash 1 into a car it causes scratches to paint work with the blades

I get scuff marks on my car (when it's dirty). Deer and/or fox. No other possibilities in my case. I've even seen the plastic cap that covers a wiper retaining nut raised - presumably a deer having a lick. There's an old fox around here with a patch of matted fur - who knows what's embedded in it.

Life's too short to get wound up about it.. Polish it out and move on.

If it won't polish out, consider how much the car is worth to you and decide if it's worth getting it sprayed.

It's just "something that happens". Put it behind you and your blood pressure will thank you.

Exactly, if it was deliberate it would be a problem, otherwise it's just what happens.

Was feeling guilty about not having done this yet so went out before I locked garage up.

Cleaned and rinsed the arch area off with some water and a little bit of soap.
Scratches a lot more visible after cleaning and in this light.

BEFORE
20200520_201636.jpg

AFTER
Autoglym Scratch Remover, Autoglym Super Resin Polish, maybe 5 minutes work.

20200520_203128.jpg

Checked the kids bikes and the smallest one is way too small and the others are too big.

Still thinking a ball here at the moment until I have more forensic evidence. :)

The "after" looks like a good result.
I'm a bit fanatical about footballs and things plus cats. I noticed some scratches on the bonnet of my newly acquired black CLK the other day and I'm pretty sure some moggy or other caused them.. I've tried to polish them out but l can't really get rid of them. They're not really that noticeable but l'd rather they not be there. Such is life unfortunately.

These may not have been caused while parked on the drive, maybe a bag rash while on a carpark?

These may not have been caused while parked on the drive, maybe a bag rash while on a carpark?

I've sat in car while wife in supermarket so unlikely.

A square on hit with a ball leaves a sort of scrunch mark - as the ball deforms on contact. A skiff maybe...
But there's a vertical component to the marks - not just someone or something brushing by. Animals will brush against things to mark their territory - a sort of shoulder rub while raising the shoulder at the same time. Any piss stains?

Update, some interesting news.

I just walked into the front room and caught a rather large bird standing at the front of the car with a long thin branch shaking this around like mad.

Tried to get a picture but it ran off before I managed. it did actually run, not walk or fly.

Your editing skills are amazing, mine would almost be as good as yours :D :D :D :D

Update, some interesting news.

I just walked into the front room and caught a rather large bird standing at the front of the car with a long thin branch shaking this around like mad.

Tried to get a picture but it ran off before I managed. it did actually run, not walk or fly.

Maybe she's missing clubbing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom