Security Bollards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bieldside

Car
Merc SL65 , Porsche 991.2 Targa 4s , Porsche 9934s, S65 Cabriolet
Has anyone installed security bollards to reduce the chances of theft?
If so any recommendations please

Thanks

You might want to check your house deeds also, as I think I am not allowed to put up any type of perimeter fencing at the front of the property, which I guess would include bollards.

Look at some of the suppliers and find the units you want. Then you should be able to source a data sheet and sometimes installation instructions.

Steering wheel locks such as the full disk lock will mark and dent your wheel however they are a good detrent, posts barriers etc will obviously make them think twice and possibly take a easier target.

Sadly if pond life want something they normally find a way.

There's an Audi RS5 round my way that the owner puts a big chain through the front wheel , and I mean a big chain like an anchor chain , and padlocks it to a ring in the ground !

The steel of the ring must be an inch thick and the chain links must be a good half inch steel.

There's an Audi RS5 round my way that the owner puts a big chain through the front wheel , and I mean a big chain like an anchor chain , and padlocks it to a ring in the ground !

The steel of the ring must be an inch thick and the chain links must be a good half inch steel.

I couldn't be doing with that lol

I bought a security bollard with a 50mm ball on the top when I had my caravan , it was meant to sink into the ground and was removable by turning the ball 90 deg - which you couldn't do when the van was hitched and locked onto it .

I never got round to fitting it and it's still in the shed ; might use it for the trailer sometime , but that is always blocked in by at least one car .

One day ....

The problem that stands out to me with bollards, or anything else that stands in their way is, that to steal the car in the first place they've got to have broken into your house to get the keys.

So
1) The keys to the bollard are probably on the same bunch.
2) If they're not, they've come this far, they're just going to beat the bollard keys out of you.

or am I missing something? :dk:

The bollard , to my mind , is anti theft protection for your property when you're out , perhaps during the day , not so much when you're home and probably have several other cars blocking the valuable ones in and moving of which would probably make enough noise at night to alert neighbours .

Of course , substantial metal gates , secured with a good lock , might do the same job .

Hi,
After our latest burglary, over a year ago now, during which my CLS was driven off we installed as Rhino from barriers direct. They are sunk almost a metre into the ground so pretty immovable once installed. Choose the one thats the slighly larger diameter and longer, (they do a budget version which I would avoid).

Hide the spare key and keep the one you use with you at all times.

It gives peace of mind in as much as it is a visible deterent. Most forecourts where cars are to be secured use them or something similar so for me its the way to go.

ATB
R

From my experience when we fitted them in our office car park, the type that bolt to the ground, and pivot down to lie on the ground when unlocked are useless. A good sideways kick distorts/bypasses the lock, and the thing falls down.

Also, a colleague misjudged their parking, caught a wheel on the corner of the laid-flat post, and blew the tyre.

I’m not a fan of this type......

Reactions: 219

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom