Service Plan Refund Offer Suprise/Shock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DavE400

Car
E53 Coupe
Recently changed my 2019 E53 that was under a 4 year MB Service Plan with 2 used and 2 remaining services. I paid just over £2000 to set up the plan in early 2022 and have had one A service and one B service plus gear box, spark plugs box and air filter change. Whilst the SP terms and conditions say that no discounts will be taken into account in calculating any discount I am suprised and concerned to only be offered £260 odd pounds as a refund on the future A and B services that were included in the plan.

Has anyone had any joy in challenging and increasing the refund amount MB says is due on a Service Plan when it is cancelled part way through?

Is there an option for the SP to transfer to the new owner? He or she would probably pay more than £260.

Is there an option for the SP to transfer to the new owner? He or she would probably pay more than £260.
Not sure on the transfer option as I didn't even consider that as the car was traded in part exchange so I just cancelled the residual plan anticipating a refund of circa £700 to £800. Lesson learned on this one

Can the plan remainder be transferred to next car?

Can the plan remainder be transferred to next car?

I think they used to transfer the balance of the first plan to the second once it was taken out but I think they now just refund the balance and start from fresh. When I bought my second car they rolled the remaining balance into the new plan. But with cars I've had since they've just refunded it.

Recently part-ex'd my C250d with one service (major + ATF change ) and the service as part of the deal. The MB dealer, part of the same group and next door to the Porsche centre would just do the service and charge the cost to the Service Plan Dept.

I had a similar surprise on my E Coupe, I’m not convinced service plans are such good value these days.

The last couple of services by main dealer were not charged at the full recommended price, maybe they like me 😁

Not as far as I could see. That would have been the best outcome for me as both cars were/are E53 coupes
It’s not much consolation, but assuming you take out a servicecare plan on the replacement E53, they will waive the cancellation fee on the plan for the old car.

It’s not much consolation, but assuming you take out a servicecare plan on the replacement E53, they will waive the cancellation fee on the plan for the old car.
That grain of comfort wasn't even offered......... all I had from MB Customer Care was right confirm cancellation now you need to contact your local dealer to set up a new plan

I had a similar surprise on my E Coupe, I’m not convinced service plans are such good value these days.

The last couple of services by main dealer were not charged at the full recommended price, maybe they like me 😁
For non-mechanical me I think the MB service plan suits best and for the 4 year payment was circa £2000 so that £500 a service including breakdown cover which I guess is worth at least £50 to £75 a year. The last B service on my E53 included gearbox oil change, air filter change and spark plug change which I'm told was over £1500 in total. I think the VFM is best if you use all the services so maybe buying a 2 year or 3 year plan and using all the services is the optinum way forwards as I've tended to change my car a bit too often since 2020?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom