• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Service Plan

Kez6670

Car
A Class 220 AMG Line 161.0 bop 1332
I have a 200 AMG line which is 3 years old. I have had it six months and have done 2000 miles. It is telling me I need an A service. I have been in touch with the dealer who have quoted me £493.15 for the service or a service plan for £60 a month for two years which includes:

This service that is due now, plus 2 x years more servicing
3 free MOT's
Free loan car collection and delivery
Cancel at any time
Protection from inflation

Can you please advise me if this is worth taking up or would it be cheaper to go elsewhere. I live in Chester.

Thanks

Ask your local iny for a price. You wil be surprised !

Others here may be able to offer a reccomendation.

I have a 200 AMG line which is 3 years old. I have had it six months and have done 2000 miles. It is telling me I need an A service. I have been in touch with the dealer who have quoted me £493.15 for the service or a service plan for £60 a month for two years which includes:

3 free MOT's
Cancel at any time

Can you please advise me if this is worth taking up or would it be cheaper to go elsewhere. I live in Chester.

Thanks
In my experience it's been better value to get a service plan when the next service is "B" so you get 2 x "B" and 1 x "A" service

As above, if you take a service plan now you will get 2 A (minor) services that are basically an oil and filter change and a load of things checked, plus 1 B (major) service. Plus there are a couple of things that are due on the 4 year service - I think your car is diesel so fuel filter, plus air filter, pollen/cabin filter and brake fluid (this is 2 yearly with MB!). At some time there may/will be a transmission fluid change, maybe your owners manual will say, are all these extras included in the service plan?

I think the first reaction about asking a local indie with Star and ability to update the DSR (digital service record) for a price for the current required A service is a good shout, maybe a member on here can recommend a decent indie in/near Chester.

As above.

I would advise to pay for the next service outright (year 3 / Service A), then take out a service plan to cover year 4 / Service B plus lots of other stuff, and year 5 / Service A plus ATF. Potentially also year 6 / Service B plus brake fluid.

Seems expensive. I got 3 years with 3 mots for £44 a month. You might have to push for the gearbox service, some mb dealers don't roll out a red carpet . They get told what they can do by head office.

Seems expensive. I got 3 years with 3 mots for £44 a month. You might have to push for the gearbox service, some mb dealers don't roll out a red carpet . They get told what they can do by head office.
To be fair to the op, it seems he's getting three services and MOT's but paying over two years, probably because he needs a service straight away, so £60 isn't too bad over 2 years.

To be fair to the op, it seems he's getting three services and MOT's but paying over two years, probably because he needs a service straight away, so £60 isn't too bad over 2 years.

Correct, if he's paying for 3 services, at £60 a month over 2 years that's £480 per service, which is quite good (for dealer service).

I see that now . 👍👍

3 free MOT's
Cancel at any time

Thanks
We’ve had a service plan with Cheshire Oaks Mercedes on our C-class since we got it in 2017. Works for us.

3 free MOT's
Cancel at any time

Thanks
That’s a shocking cost for an A service oil change buddy . Were there any extras on that price .
People have been saying that the MB service plan has gone up a lot recently .

IMO, the advantage of using MB for servicing or a relatively new-ish car is their Mobilo service.
I rang them about 18/24 months ago as I could not open my fuel flap on gle - the mobilo
staff told me to take it to MB - rang MB, there was a 3 week waiting time, rang back
and they sent out their Mobilo van - not unit was required and they had one on the van costing me 40-sih quid. If I'd taken the car to MB, I bet you the so-called diagnostic fee and then the part and fitting would have been 400-500 quid. Them about 11 months on, the unit started to become awkward to open again and at times stuck. Mobilio said they could send RAC out same day or Mobilo next day. Mobilio next day and flap opener was replaced again. I believe it comes with a 24 month warranty
As suggested by others and it is what I did, I had a B, A B service inc auto box at 5 years. Saved me a few quid, I guess

...People have been saying that the MB service plan has gone up a lot recently .

That's the equivalent of £40 per month (if it was paid over 36 months), and so it does seem very reasonably priced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom