SL 65 v12 biturbo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pilotprice

Car
2013 C63 AMG
Whilst at Costco on Friday I saw one of these! What a motor! Can't tell how old it was due to a private plate but the interior was older school Merc. Reading on the net they are about 2004/2005? Can't seem to find much info!

Must be a rocket? Has one driven or owned one?

Yes awesome machine. Sometimes it would of been easier trading in my SL55 AMG for one instead!

Black with an afrermarket (I think) rear valance on it!

I only knew of a red 54 plate one so unless it has been resprayed or wrapped - probably a different one.

I thought the 65 V12 Bi-Turbo was a recent addition circa 2012? Didn't think they had that engine in 2004/5

I saw a 14 plate one recently on the motorway.

Last edited:
The 65 V12 was first available in the CL and S class from 2004. I didn't think the SL came much after that...

Not seen that example before - in great shape.

I've never been a huge fan of the front but what a car.

What a car:thumb:

Having just driven up to MSL in Birmingham with Peter and Matt in their CL55's, I have learnt to appreciate the shape even more, they are just such elegant cars with real road presence.

What a car:thumb:

Having just driven up to MSL in Birmingham with Peter and Matt in their CL55's, I have learnt to appreciate the shape even more, they are just such elegant cars with real road presence.

Mrs JB tells me it looks a lot newer than mine - so given when our 211s came out versus the CL says a lot about their design.

I love it in black too.

For a long time, that was the ultimate but I am not sure I am brave enough to own one in case it has issues!

God, I love these cl models.

The cl55 almost got the nod ahead of the e55.

This cl65 has been for sale for a long time but it is a very nice looking car.

Thing is. For an extra 5-6 grand you could pick up the much newer cl63 according to autotrader. I guess this is why the hang around for a while.

Also worth remembering that these were around 140k new and uber rare. Esp. In black.

The road test on top gear was particularly memorable too.

The shape is just right for me. The interior looks like it hasn't aged as gracefully but so what. I am almost certain there will be someone who can make the man maths work.

Trev

Mrs JB tells me it looks a lot newer than mine - so given when our 211s came out versus the CL says a lot about their design.

I love it in black too.

For a long time, that was the ultimate but I am not sure I am brave enough to own one in case it has issues!

Funny I was just thinking it looked older than the 211 but Im probably swayed by the older looking interior.

One thing for sure its pretty awesome and scary to consider the bills.

I have my CL65 W215 now for 3 years and never really had any big issues.....so far anyway and it has 43000 miles on it. These really are an awesome machine with classic styling... I would pick them any-day over the newer shapes/styling

You can have a shocker with any AMG really. Goes back to history and condition really - and that one in the advert looks very-well cared for.

If I had some spare cash, I would be tempted - I quite fancy a coupe again and that is the ultimate.

Funny I was just thinking it looked older than the 211 but Im probably swayed by the older looking interior.

One thing for sure its pretty awesome and scary to consider the bills.

It does look older and is very colour sensitive.

One of the best, and fastest, coupes ever built.

I have always thought about trading mine in for a CL55, but a CL65 is the ultimate dream for me really. The looks alone on that car are to die for, let alone the performance.

One day . . . . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom