SLS fluid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Richard1973

Car
S210 320cdi Avantgarde
Had a pipe burst on my S210 the other week. Last time I did the work myself and replaced the spheres. I used the Febi fluid. This time I've had it done at the garage where I work and they have used a fluid that looks more like normal PAS or ATF, red in colour. I did question this and they said it was what the parts supplier said was listed. I'm not convinced! Is there any long term problem, especially on a 15 year old 208,000 mile old car? Or am I worrying about nothing?

Sent from my SM-T365 using Tapatalk

MB's of that era use ZHM fluid only AFAIK.

GSF or ECP stock it, google both with the words 'discount code' to get the best available deal.

Mercedes-Benz Specifications for Operating Fluids: Engine Oil, Gear Oil, ATF, Coolant, Brakefluid

Above is a link to MB's online BeVo - Specifications for Operating Fluids. Not that easy to navigate, but all required fluids are listed.

If you have a 210 (or 203.2) with a tandem pump and a common oil reservoir for power steering and level control, then spec 344.0 applies. If it's a separate system then it looks like one of 236.25, 236.26 or 343.0 (343.0 is ZHM, as mentioned by neilrr above)

Last edited:
It has the common reservoir. This is what makes me think they have supplied the wrong stuff. I got the part number for the Febi stuff off the reservoir cap last time.

Sent from my SM-T365 using Tapatalk

Comma ZHM, light hydraulic oil; rack and rams need nothing else.
Waits for incoming...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom