Snow ploughing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trainer

MB Enthusiast
Car
C32 AMG - Sold October 2013
I woke up yesterday morning to a snow covered road with little chance of getting out in the Merc or BMW. I disappeared into the garage and emerged a short while later with my newly created 30 inch bladed snow plough. Namely a wooden post with a 30" square piece of wood screwed to it.

30 minutes later I had cleared and gritted our driveway and the 40 yards to the gritted b road we live off. No problem in getting out or back in so worth the effort.

The other positive if my elderly neighbours can get out and back too.

You need one of these: [YOUTUBE]tPg1ZMiC9pA[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
^ Me likey :thumb:

I think my wooden device worked out cheaper than robo plow. However it is not way near as cool as that.

I woke up yesterday morning to a snow covered road with little chance of getting out in the Merc or BMW. I disappeared into the garage and emerged a short while later with my newly created 30 inch bladed snow plough. Namely a wooden post with a 30" square piece of wood screwed to it.

How did it look attached to your car?

If only the guy who made that RoboPlow could make a profit on mass-selling it, he would be a millionaire in a month :D

Probably only have to sell one. Bet it wasn't cheap.

30 minutes later I had cleared and gritted our driveway and the 40 yards to the gritted b road we live off. No problem in getting out or back in so worth the effort.

The other positive if my elderly neighbours can get out and back too.

I did the same myself the other week when we got hit bad in Sheffield. Spent about 5 hours digging - from my house, parking area and up the road (which is a steep hill) to the road along the top which is flat and leads to a main road.

Next day I gritted the lot and all was well.

Got a lot of ice now, so I've been out gritting a couple of times last few days and it's absolutely fine now.

It's amazing how many people don't do anything though. At least one neighbour stood in his window and watched me. They were all happy to make use of my hard work though!

At 8am I spent an hour removing the snow from the flat communal parking area. When I had almost finished I was told that I had woken a neighbour's daughter. Oh well, you can't please everyone. 8am was rather early I now admit.

At 8am I spent an hour removing the snow from the flat communal parking area. When I had almost finished I was told that I had woken a neighbour's daughter. Oh well, you can't please everyone. 8am was rather early I now admit.

I'm sure they will be happy to make use of the nice clear area you made though.

People who moan about things like that really annoy me.

It's amazing how many people don't do anything though. At least one neighbour stood in his window and watched me. They were all happy to make use of my hard work though!

Tell me about it! A group of us from the cul de sac cleared our drives and road and one lazy b&st%rd kept coming out for a fag and then dissapearing again. We did fill the end of his drive with the snow we moved from the road though!

Had a missed call shortly after 9am, from a number I didn't recognise. I waited in vain for a voicemail message, then forgot about it. Then about 2pm, I received the following text message from the same number:

Action 2 - Mon 27/12/2010 start @ 00:00 primary routes, patrol and plough as necessary until stood down - salt @ 15gr/m2 after ploughing. Plough without salt treatment when possible.

Naturally, I texted them back to say it had come to the wrong recipient, lest some major route should go unploughed as a result, or someone get into trouble for not responding to it, and got a concerned and apologetic call back from the guy who'd sent it. I wonder whose roads might have gone unploughed had I not done so...

The people at the top of the culd de sac do clear the turning circle even though they have 4x4's. The bloke opposite had a 4x4 and doesn't lend a hand ever.

Nick Mercedes I gave up on fixing the plow to the car as I ran out of screws. I ended up clearing by hand instead.

bmw??? wtf..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom