So the shed is back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Glad to hear you have a good result Steve and a car that you like to drive again :)

Hope the box keeps behaving for you, you're due some trouble free motoring by now.

Just the wheel arches and the door.....then she will be spotless mate

How will they sort the buckled arches?

How will they sort the buckled arches?

Not sure. Not their fault as its been off and on low loaders, it will have been when it dropped off the low loader. I am sure they can be fixed by a bodyshop. New wings surely not needed.

I'll get it fixed at Abercorn Coachworks, who are very good.

Good to hear your car is exceeding your expectations... always a good feeling

This weekend, one of my best friends leaves the UK to start a new job in Saudi Arabia

I hope he enjoys the middle east, for some reason(s) I didn't like it (and I've got some middle-east in me).

This weekend, one of my best friends leaves the UK to start a new job in Saudi Arabia, so I will take him for a grand tour to say good bye to Scotland, and this will take in Glen Coe, Loch Lagan, Tomintoul, back to Edinburgh for a sight see and something to eat, and back to Glasgow.

Not sure if this is of interest ....

This Saturday afternoon Tornado will be heading up the highland mainline from Perth to Inverness. Leaves Perth at 1632 and due to pass Dalwhinnie about 1830, Aviemore about 1950, and arrive at Inverness before 2100.

Last edited:
Dryce said:
Not sure if this is of interest ....

This Saturday afternoon Tornado will be heading up the highland mainline from Perth to Inverness. Leaves Perth at 1632 and due to pass Dalwhinnie about 1830, Aviemore about 1950, and arrive at Inverness before 2100.

Cheers. Potentially but think its a Sunday we tour for his last trip.

Wow, that gave me goose-bumps!!

Its not all great. The shift quality is greatly improved but the nasty transmission flare is back on the 1st change of the day.

The car does drive quite nicely. I am off to get a quote from a body shop re the paint peeling, and get the money pit nailed once and for all.

My mate doesn't want to do a long drive on Sunday, as he needs to be back early to see his GF but I've driven around a bit today and she seems very nice to drive.

Steve.

Set the box to 'C' mode when cold and let it drive off in second and wait until the car heats up.

Then switch to 'S' mode and drive normally.

See if that makes a difference.

Steve.

Set the box to 'C' mode when cold and let it drive off in second and wait until the car heats up.

Then switch to 'S' mode and drive normally.

See if that makes a difference.

Been there before....C/S makes no difference.

This will get you upto speed

E320 CDI 3,0 '07 aut.gearbox, unnormal shift between 1.-2.gear - Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums

Other than that, the box is working very nicely. I could almost live with the flaring shift if it means the car just behaves.

In car forum/magazine speak, it adds character.

Relentless reliability is supposed to be dull and for photocopier salesman who drives Toyotas.

Shouldn't 'C' mode take away the 1-2 shift ???

Shouldn't 'C' mode take away the 1-2 shift ???

My understanding is that 'C' does indeed start off in 2nd in normal driving, but only when the engine / 'box is warmed up. Even then it will still start off in 1st if there is an enthusiastic application of the accelerator.

I vote we buy Steve Chinese flip-flops

I vote well you all chip in and buy me the following.

A C220/250 5g, a BMW 320/24/30/35d Msport Auto, or a Jag XF.

You'll get a night in with 'Oor Edna' and nothing else ...

Settle for a bag of chips?

Settle for a bag of chips?

'Oor Edna' is more used to a single sausage and a couple of pickles ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom