Songs that are better live

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

seven

Car
Transporter Kombi
Having just listened to Punk Britannia again (on a trip down memory lane!) I can't help but think of the difference in 'studio' to 'live' recordings.
Now whilst I am of an age to remember all of these acts I only witnessed live a couple. Joy Division were not one of them, but I can't think of a better example than 'she's lost control' which was on the 'unknown pleasures' album.
What have you got for me to listen to?!!

camerafodder said:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-q7Mih69KE">YouTube Link</a>

Class. Many thanks.
There's a Bowie one coming soon...........

Tina Turner - pretty much any song, including Help (unplugged), The Best and of course Nutbush City Limits.

I saw her live 4 times, once in 2008 and 3 times in 2009, just after her 70th birthday. The live performance has far more power - her voice is absolutely incredible, and the band play at 11/10 - or maybe 12 (and Spinal Tap didn't get that loud!). Nutbush, from "the arm" (after 3 min) was just incredible. So close you could see the beads of perspiration. I was exhausted, just from the bit where the audience sing along - don't know how she does it!

[YOUTUBE]Uf98L_KfCW4[/YOUTUBE]

Nowadays there is no difference between live and recorded as they are lipsyncing (miming)

Nowadays there is no difference between live and recorded as they are lipsyncing (miming)

Maybe some artistes - but certainly not all.

If Tina Turner had been miming, she would not have had to deal with a faulty microphone on 3 March 2009 at the MEN arena.

Pink Floyd The Wall.

Seen it twice now. Once at Earls Court in the Seventies and again by just Roger Waters at the O2 (mind-blowing visuals).

Best song live was Run Like Hell. I especially liked Roger Waters' exhortation to the crowd to participate in the playing of the opening bars of the song. "Clap, you f***ers" he said. You don't get that on a studio album.

Won't get fooled again - The Who at the Royal Albert Hall and anything by U2 live is good.

You might enjoy some of the Live at Leeds clips then, that much noise from four people is impressive, And, the hall they did it in was essentially a Scout hall - ok a little bigger, but not by much! Check it out on the you tube...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom