• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Space Shuttle lift off

What is the replacement for the Shuttle? Anyone know?
There is no current replacement and it is a huge whoopsie..

They have numerous options for taking up supplies but none for fetching back anything large.

The only option at the moment is to ditch large objects and hope they burn uip during re-entry.

There has been lots of talk regarding extending then life span of the shuttle as there is nothing that has the payload capacity for fetching eqiupment back to Earth

davidjpowell
How could you be in Florida at the time of a launch and not be at the viewing areas?????

I am sulking, I am crying, how could you be sooo close, yet so far away.

Could you hear the shuttle from tht distance?

Thought I'd resurrect the thread as it's been quite an exciting week on NASA tv. Shuttle Atlantis lands tomorrow and, after watching the entire journey of the astronauts so far since launch, wish them well for what will be another nail biting re-entry.

NASA - NASA TV

p.s. I don't normally subscribe to ufo's but what do you make of this screen capture I took last night whilst watching nasa tv? The direction of the camera is looking backwards over the shuttle cargo bay and robotic arm.
:eek:

Image2.jpg

They say that lightning never strikes twice in the same location!!!

153212main_lightning.jpg

This is the latest space shuttlegetting prepared for take-off

Oh, I am so happy they cancelled the launch on Saturday evening! Especially since I was on a bus heading to Kennedy Space Center, with a VIP Viewing ticket in my hand, when the news came through of the delay. :wallbash:
I was even happier, genuinely this time, to see that it didn't launch again last night as I flew out of Orlando and back to Gatwick. I think it will definitely go tonight with the better weather not withstanding a technical fault.

Boo Hoo! I want to see one go!!!

And it's still here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom