Speed cameras multiplying...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steve_Perry, Sep 20, 2003.

1. Steve_Perry

Steve_Perry Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLS350CDI Grand Edition
    Click Me

S.

2. graeme

graeme New Member

dont talk about speed cameras. in Victoria, Australia, they are behind every bush or anything that will hide the fact that they are there. One set of cameras on a freeway, hidden behind a directional sign reaps in $2million dollars a week for the government. The tolerance level is about 3ks. The newest type cover traffic light intersections, both red light and speed cameras, increase your speed in a amber situation and you get a red light fine and exceed the speed limit and you also get a speed fine...

Lovely money making machines, most people almost expect a ticket to arrive on a regular basis... bit like recieving a phone bill or other regular type accounts..........The road toll in victoria this year is similar to four years ago, I dont see the improvement. I was a member of the police force for 37 years........and I see speed cameras as way of making up for less police on our roads.... visual presence is a much better deterent than ripping people off. Cameras have a place in our law enforcment operations but they are being used excessivly.

3. KillerHERTZ

KillerHERTZ Administrator Staff Member

Car:
    CLS63 AMG
    Our country is utter shit (again)