Spotted: 1987 ford sierra rs500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just to show that I'm not a ford hater, I'm currently doing some restoration work on this. :)

A friend of mine had a Mk2 2.8 Ghia, it was a cool wafter.

I think Justin's car is very tidy, but think he should pay a bit more attention to detail regarding his mods, that camber definitely looks a bit over-cooked.

The Headlight is back in, the bonnet is back down to the original height now.
But i assure you that the wheel alignment is spot on with zero tyre wear :thumb:

The Headlight is back in, the bonnet is back down to the original height now.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
But i assure you that the wheel alignment is spot on with zero tyre wear :thumb:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Seriously, I'm surprised at that, over how many miles and what is the camber setting? A measure with a ruler/tape and spirit level is all that is needed.

Regarding the bonnet mod, grilles near to the lead edge would be beneficial for exhausting heat as that is a low pressure area, whereas the rear is a high pressure area so won't allow air out and may actually force it in. in a worst case the inter-cooler could be exhausting hot air out so acting as an inter-warmer.
I did note the bonnet was now back to standard fit. :)

If you want a high pressure cool air intake, try to site it towards the centre of the car, the pressure is considerably higher, in addition the intake doesn't have to face forwards and will collect less dirt if it doesn't.

Use a manometer to find the high and low pressure zones to make them work for best effect.

iirc, your car is tuned and turbo'd so will need to exhaust quite a lot of heat. find out the underbonnet pressures in various locations and think about a partial undertray to assist airflow.

Last edited:
Seriously, I'm surprised at that, over how many miles and what is the camber setting? A measure with a ruler/tape and spirit level is all that is needed.

Regarding the bonnet mod, grilles near to the lead edge would be beneficial for exhausting heat as that is a low pressure area, whereas the rear is a high pressure area so won't allow air out and may actually force it in. in a worst case the inter-cooler could be exhausting hot air out so acting as an inter-warmer.
I did note the bonnet was now back to standard fit. :)

If you want a high pressure cool air intake, try to site it towards the centre of the car, the pressure is considerably higher, in addition the intake doesn't have to face forwards and will collect less dirt if it doesn't.

Use a manometer to find the high and low pressure zones to make them work for best effect.

iirc, your car is tuned and turbo'd so will need to exhaust quite a lot of heat. find out the underbonnet pressures in various locations and think about a partial undertray to assist airflow.

The car is tucked away for the winter now, but if i get a chance i will measure it for you.
The tyres are Yokohama Parada Spec2's and have done approx 5,000 miles with no un-even signs of wear.

I take on board what you say about a air intake and vents in the bonnet, but never want to move the look too much from standard. Or a point that it can't easily be changed back to standard look.
I remember the picture you posted showing the air movement around the front end of the car, that's when i dropped the bonnet back down :thumb:

A friend of mine had a Mk2 2.8 Ghia, it was a cool wafter.

This one certainly is more wafter than racer, despite me tinkering with the engine. It is a cool car to drive though, this one is an ex mod bulletproof car :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom