Staggered 17" AMG Style II's - make up a set or refurb project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrahamC230K

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A3 & S4 quattro
I have four AMG Style II alloys for sale.

2 x 7.5J ET35 Part Number HWA2024000302
2 x 8.5J ET30 Part Number HWA2024010102

Last year I had these refurbished to absolute A1 condition. I had the wheels painted all over (no diamond cut lip any more) by choice as I wanted to avoid problems with the dimaond cut and laqeur going milky. The lips could be diamond cut once more though I am sure if you wanted (you cannot repeatedly do this on any alloy as it removes metal from the wheel).

However, since then the wheels have been through the wars a little. No kerbing grazes, but an extremely minor (I will really have to point it out to you) bump from a pot hole on one front and a more sizable bump to the lip on one of the rears. The other rear has a small graze under the valve.

This gives the ideal oppertunity to gain a set of four for a buyer who cannot afford a mint set of original AMG's straight away or someone who needs to make up a set. The pair of 7.5's could be used straight away and look great - cosmetically perfect. The rears are not totally unsightly either - although under inspection have faults.

The standard of the refurb (last year):

refurb1.jpg

refurb2.jpg

That painted lip

paintedlip.jpg

So apart from having been used, the wheels are still A1 having been kept free from brake dust, apart from these following marks/dents - NO other kerb grazes full stop:

7.5J Wheel One

This wheel is A1.

Dscf2502.jpg

7.5J Wheel Two

A1, but has been on the recieving end of a pot hole. The result is and I literally need to point this out is a slight bulge to the lip - it's just ever so fractionally our of line for about an inch and you can see the very slight stress mark in the paint when the wheel is freshly cleaned and under extremely close inspection.

Dscf2515.jpg

Dscf2516.jpg

8.5J Wheel One

A1, but a small graze to the lip only. Hidden under the valve unless inspected. Remember this is an extremely tight close up.

Dscf2504.jpg

8.5J Wheel Two

This is the wheel with the most damage. Pictures show the most serious damage in it’s worst light. From many angles it does not show too badly and I am sure repairable. It holds air pressure no problem, the tyre seals much higher up than the damage. I have been driving with no change to my style for quite a while like this!

Dscf2511.jpg

Dscf2506.jpg

Dscf2507.jpg

This is an honest, nothing hidden advert. The wheels are for sale as seen, no tyres, no centre caps.

EDIT: Now include the fitted Goodyear Eagle F1's. All have at least 6mm I believe.

For someone needing a pair and odd amount or the set, this could be a bargain. I am not looking for top money, make me an offer (keep it sensible though please!).

PM's or replies here initially please.

Graham

Last edited:
I am open to offers or breaking into pairs.

Don't be scared!

Remember the laquer is not broken on these wheels - they are in no way tatty.

A picture taken of the car with the wheels in current condion 2 weeks ago. Give your w202 this classic look:

C230K_lake.jpg

The rear wheel you see here is the one with the largest bump I have detailed above - but as you can see, from a few foot away you have to look at least twice to see it.

Last edited:
What do you guys think is a fair price for these?

Would love them Graham, but as i have been posting over the last few days , at the moment, i am a charity case.....

Unless you would like installments ....... :devil:

Graham, with that ding in the rim, do you experience any vibration through the car :confused:

BenzComander said:
Graham, with that ding in the rim, do you experience any vibration through the car :confused:

Hand on my heart, no. You really don't, but have only tested up to 120mph :eek:

PS, will deliver to Aylesbury :D

EDIT: I am normally in Ay every day, but not tommorrow! Until saturday afternoon they will be on the car and I am not far away. If you have an interest and would like to view on my car and have a ride around the block so you know for yourself there is no vibration let me know.

Last edited:
This also happened to one of my AMG wheels, I only noticed when washing the wheels.
Sorry to dampen you selling the wheels but they will fail the MOT with those wheels on unless the examiner doesn't notice.

jackgilroy said:
This also happened to one of my AMG wheels, I only noticed when washing the wheels.
Sorry to dampen you selling the wheels but they will fail the MOT with those wheels on unless the examiner doesn't notice.

It passed about 6 weeks ago. They are what I would regard a reputable MOT station. If it's a fail it's fail, no favours, but otherwise very helpfull. They did notice the wheels and failed it one of the tyres having a buldge (the front tyre took more of the damage than the wheel).

Last edited:
Graham, how much are you realistically looking for ?

Lol !! :D

I'll give you 10 slaps with a wet fish John Cleese styley....

.....oh you mean bid on Ebay.......:D

GRAV888 said:
Have started them off for you Graham.
These would do as a temp stop gap whilst I get mine re-furbed. ;)

Thanks.

They would suit your use fine Grav, but remember no rubber.

I may be able to help with rubber .... have got 4 x 235/45/17s Michelin Pilot Sports - about 4mm tread left - don't know if you could get away with that size on all 4 of the staggered rims though .... supposed to be 225/45 & 245/40, isn't it - might just work though - let me know if needed !

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom