• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Stop expanding the ULEZ to all the London boroughs in 2023

I wonder how does the current ULEZ scheme generate the majority of its income - is it from motorists paying £12.50, or from drivers paying the £180/£90 fine?

What totally baffles me is the vast amount of revenue generated from fines for parking (or forvnot paying Congestion Charge in London), speeding tickets, and other motor offences etc - how come so many people are breaking so many laws.... all the time?

It feels to me as though the current laws are designed specifically to catch you out, or make it easier to break than it is to comply. Most law abiding citizens do their upmost to stay within legal boundaries when driving yet still end up breaking the law from time to time, completely unintentionally in many cases.

The authorities see the motorist (which is the majority of peoples main form of transport globally!) as a cash cow.

It feels to me as though the current laws are designed specifically to catch you out, or make it easier to break than it is to comply. Most law abiding citizens do their upmost to stay within legal boundaries when driving yet still end up breaking the law from time to time, completely unintentionally in many cases.

The authorities see the motorist (which is the majority of peoples main form of transport globally!) as a cash cow.
A very popular claim, but I've yet to see any real evidence. With nearly 6 million employees in the public sector (the authorities), I would have thought there would have been several whistle blowers in the 'industry' all too keen to blow the lid on ULEZ, speed cameras and other measures targeted at motorists being brought in as mainly cash cows.

Perhaps I just have a different viewpoint because in 60 years of motoring I've never yet had to pay a penny into the naughty boy pot.

As Khan professes to be concerned about Londoners health i assume some time soon he will follow Frances lead by banning the sale of Apple's Iphone 12 which has been found to be emitting high levels of electromagnetic radiation way above the current EU safety standard specific radiation absorbtion rate.

The EU set safety limits for electromagnetic energy absorbtion levels for mobile phones due to the increased risk of cancer exposure poses. Apples Iphone 12, released 4 years ago, was banned from sale in France yesterday, 12th September 2023, until Apple address this issue.

France watchdog bans sales of Apple's iPhone 12 over radiation levels

As Khan professes to be concerned about Londoners health i assume some time soon he will follow Frances lead by banning the sale of Apple's Iphone 12 which has been found to be emitting high levels of electromagnetic radiation way above the current EU safety standard specific radiation absorbtion rate.

The EU set safety limits for electromagnetic energy absorbtion levels for mobile phones due to the increased risk of cancer exposure poses. Apples Iphone 12, released 4 years ago, was banned from sale in France yesterday, 12th September 2023, until Apple address this issue.

Along with machetes.

Hi , I don't believe that Khan will be happy until all cars are removed from The streets of London.

That man is such a hypocrite!
The problem is that by banning cars a huge revenue stream will be lost.

He wasn't fast enough... too late now:

"Tech giant Apple announced on Friday that it will release a software update for iPhone 12 users in France to address concerns raised by regulators, which led to the suspension of its sales due to radiation exposure limit violations"

Is the Dartford Crossing ULEZ? Stepson on way back from France via the Tunnel/Crossing/M25/M1

I did search, but unless it is me being thick it's all as clear as mud in that respect

Is the Dartford Crossing ULEZ? Stepson on way back from France via the Tunnel/Crossing/M25/M1

I did search, but unless it is me being thick it's all as clear as mud in that respect

There's a map on the TFL website that you can scroll around on and zoom in/out:

cap1.JPG

You can see that to the north of the Dartford crossing the M25 passes through the ULEZ, but if you zoom in it shows that the motorway itself is not part of the zone:

cap2.JPG

I’ve just noticed something interesting that for me shows this is more about money than clean air. I’ve got an Alfa club meet tomorrow in Malden Rushett just along the A243. The pub, The Star is just outside the zone so is fine. But I noticed there‘s a spur of the zone that extends along the A243 heading away from London. I thought seems quite strange as it’s really not a built up area, it’s quite rural. Then realised the zone has been extended to include Chessington World of Adventures. Sneaky.

I’ve just noticed something interesting that for me shows this is more about money than clean air. I’ve got an Alfa club meet tomorrow in Malden Rushett just along the A243. The pub, The Star is just outside the zone so is fine. But I noticed there‘s a spur of the zone that extends along the A243 heading away from London. I thought seems quite strange as it’s really not a built up area, it’s quite rural. Then realised the zone has been extended to include Chessington World of Adventures. Sneaky.
Somebody will be along soon to explain why. 😏

I thought it’d seen something about this posted on here before, but I can’t find it.

From my understanding it’s nothing to with Chessington world of adventures (nor extended as such) but simply due to the London borough areas and the parts that are under TFL’s jurisdiction (the areas not covered belonging to Surrey)

Chessington is under Kingston I think.

I thought it’d seen something about this posted on here before, but I can’t find it.

From my understanding it’s nothing to with Chessington world of adventures (nor extended as such) but simply due to the London borough areas and the parts that are under TFL’s jurisdiction (the areas not covered belonging to Surrey)

Chessington is under Kingston I think.
Ah good point, yes that would make sense.

Yep exactly that. I posted a map picture previously showing this ... there are some odd bits of the zone, including one north of the Dartford Crossing that's actually outside the M25:

1697451593647.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom