• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Stop expanding the ULEZ to all the London boroughs in 2023

So it’s NOT about clean air is it?
See my previous reply. This is tiring now.

“The ‘pay your way out’ is a deterrent - if you drive into London once a month there would be no real use in changing vehicle as you wouldn’t be impacted by paying the £12.50 and your vehicle wouldn’t add a considerable burden in terms of negative air quality.

If you drove in daily then it would cost you lots, meaning you’re likely to change vehicle as it’s economically viable/justifiable.”

In an ideal world a blanket ban on non-compliant vehicles would be the gold standard I agree. Unfortunately I think that would be met with even more objection. 🤣

It's not so easy with a van.

You can easily buy a ULEZ petrol car for 500 quid.

But replacing a 500 quid non ULEZ van with a quite possibly less reliable euro 6 is going to cost at least 10 grand which a lot of small businesses just cannot afford what with all the other £hite going on.

Citizen Khunt really should drive through his city at 4am once just to see the low paid type of people who get the city moving / stocked.

“Londoners on certain benefits can apply for £2,000 to scrap a car or motorcycle, eligible businesses can receive £5,000 to take a van off the road and charities £7,500 for a minibus. This rises to £7,500 and £9,000 respectively for electric vehicles. People are also able to access ULEZ support offers, with exclusive deals for those who are using the scrappage scheme and many general offers for others. These already include discounts on bikes, e-bikes, cycle hire, e-scooters, car and van clubs, cargo bikes, rental cars and finance deals for vehicle purchases, and more offers are continually being added.”

Is this scheme not accessible to struggling businesses? 🧐 I have no knowledge on this.

“Londoners on certain benefits can apply for £2,000 to scrap a car or motorcycle, eligible businesses can receive £5,000 to take a van off the road and charities £7,500 for a minibus. This rises to £7,500 and £9,000 respectively for electric vehicles. People are also able to access ULEZ support offers, with exclusive deals for those who are using the scrappage scheme and many general offers for others. These already include discounts on bikes, e-bikes, cycle hire, e-scooters, car and van clubs, cargo bikes, rental cars and finance deals for vehicle purchases, and more offers are continually being added.”

Is this scheme not accessible to struggling businesses? 🧐 I have no knowledge on this.
You want to check out the eligibility.

🙄🙄 There’s always one.
How is ULEZ about ‘£££’ when you can avoid it by changing your vehicle? I’d say it’s similar to a fine in that regard.

You want to check out the eligibility.
I’ll be honest I don’t really care, I just noticed that and thought I’d post on the off chance it helped someone. If you run a business it’s your responsibility to fund purchasing a suitable vehicle - not bicker to change the system to suit yourself when ultimately the purpose of its introduction is to benefit people’s health/quality of life.

At the end of the day if you run a business within London and a £12.50 extra cost a day will destroy it, then I’m not sure there is much hope there considering other expenses that operating within one of the most expensive regions in the country presents?

I probably sound like a deluded eco-warrior but I’m not - CO2 & it’s linked Global Warming I accept is a necessary evil in most cases - but air quality within built up areas can easily be improved by switching vehicles and that makes a considerable impact on people living there.

Been there done that and I'm still in the queue for the 5 grand from the first extension despite meeting all the criteria. It's all bollocks as there is no money to back up the hot air.

London taxis are one of the biggest polluters yet they don’t have to pay. Somethings wrong there.
So then start petitioning for cabs to be enforced under the same limits as other vehicles?

If ULEZ was about air quality they would simply ban vehicles of a certain type completely and not give them an option to pay as you go, apart from extreme circumstances.

They don't let you pay £12.50 to smoke in a pub do they??

Lets be honest, its about raising money and that is the end.

Tax doesn't improve air quality one bit but it helps with their Christmas party fund.

Tax doesn't improve air quality one bit but it helps with their Christmas party fund.
It does when it acts as a deterrent and means people change to compliant vehicles.

Look up how many % of vehicles are now compliant in the current ULEZ zone. It’s a very high proportion.

It does when it acts as a deterrent and means people change to compliant vehicles.

Look up how many % of vehicles are now compliant in the current ULEZ zone. It’s a very high proportion.

LOL like the congestion charge? I notice I get some very good congestion if I pay for it in London. well worth the money.

ULEZ is a tax nothing more. Only a total ban shows commitment to improving air quality.

LOL like the congestion charge? I notice I get some very good congestion if I pay for it in London. well worth the money.

ULEZ is a tax nothing more. Only a total ban shows commitment to improving air quality.
Are you suggesting that the congestion charge doesn’t act as a deterrent to people driving in? 😂 Would there be more or less cars in the zone if CCZ was scrapped? 🤔

Look at the statistics of pre/post CCZ introduction traffic levels between 2002-2006.

Only a total ban shows commitment to improving air quality.
I totally agree.

But then the ‘I can’t afford it - so it shouldn’t happen’ brigade will be even more upset.

Are you suggesting that the congestion charge doesn’t act as a deterrent to people driving in? 😂 Would there be more or less cars in the zone if CCZ was scrapped? 🤔

Look at the statistics of pre/post CCZ introduction traffic levels between 2002-2006.
Congestion Charge hasn’t made much difference at all.

Congestion Charge hasn’t made much difference at all.
Thanks I’ll take your word for it rather than the reference backed case studies. 😂

Tiring.

Thanks I’ll take your word for it rather than the reference backed case studies. 😂

Tiring.
I work in London day in day out. I ride my bike in London day in day out. I see it with my own eyes.

People drive into London before the CZ starts and drive home once it’s over.

Can I ask you what experience you have of driving in the capital on a daily basis?

I work in London day in day out. I ride my bike in London day in day out. I see it with my own eyes.

People drive into London before the CZ starts and drive home once it’s over.

Can I ask you what experience you have of driving in the capital on a daily basis?
That’s the whole point of the CZ - to reduce congestion within the operational hours - so by your very point it’s doing its job by moving a lot of the traffic to non-operational hours. 😂

That’s the whole point of the CZ - to reduce congestion within the operational hours - so by your very point it’s doing its job by moving a lot of the traffic to non-operational hours. 😂
But it just as busy after the CZ darts as well.

Like I said I see it everyday. 3 of my close friends are black cab drivers they say the same.

Have you noticed it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom