• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Stop expanding the ULEZ to all the London boroughs in 2023

They need a longer cable... seriously.

My EV came with a 3m cable. I bought a 7.5m cable, was thinking of the 10m cable initially but that would have been OTT for my needs.
You could have got an extra 7m range with the longer cable though! 😄

They need a petrol or diesel car, then they only need a short cable and only need to use it for 5 minutes at one of the many thousands of recharging stations available in your area! ;-)

To help the ulez expansion, everybody with an old none ulez compliant car should send off their v5 change of owner and register it to Sadiq Khan.

Then drive around as much as you like. That way he gets all the ulez charges..

Thank you...

How supercar owners dodge Ulez charge despite massive CO2 emissions

How supercar owners dodge Ulez charge despite massive CO2 emissions

Not sure if I understand the headline - ULEZ is about NOx, not CO2?

ULEZ is intended to move harmful NOx emissions away from populated areas, but it is not being restricted in rural areas.

CO2 may bad for the planet, but it does not harm people's health, so it does not matter if it being released in city centres or the countryside. This is why owner's of cars with 'massive CO2 emissions' get penalised via the VED, and regardless of where exactly the cars are being driven.

''Sian Berry, Green Party London Assembly member, said: 'It is important not to sow confusion about the issues of climate change emissions and local air pollution.''

And the Mail choose to do just that.

Clickbait.... and very unprofessional. But that's the Mail...

Not sure if I understand the headline - ULEZ is about NOx, not CO2?

ULEZ is intended to move harmful NOx emissions away from populated areas, but it is not being restricted in rural areas.

CO2 may bad for the planet, but it does not harm people's health, so it does not matter if it being released in city centres or the countryside. This is why owner's of cars with 'massive CO2 emissions' get penalised via the VED, and regardless of where exactly the cars are being driven.
Typical Mail stirring.

This is what I don’t quite get.
Your car is either bad for the planet or bad for peoples health but pay money and we’ll brush it under the carpet.

This is what I don’t quite get.
Your car is either bad for the planet or bad for peoples health but pay money and we’ll brush it under the carpet.
It’s really simple, as explained in post #710

The whole idea of paying more is to steer people towards change.

To help the ulez expansion, everybody with an old none ulez compliant car should send off their v5 change of owner and register it to Sadiq Khan.

Then drive around as much as you like. That way he gets all the ulez charges..

Thank you...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My London

Sigh… so it’s really happening then. I guess I will have to sell my elderly dads beautiful 2010 E350 w/only 47k miles on it then… probably the last car he’ll own and hoped to keep for a while longer….

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom