Superchip For Mb Cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Excellent Steve - what's the make of the box? how much more power did you get? How does it fit with the auto box?

So many questions......????:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Thanks

R

Its a Bromleys fitted Tunit V-CR, just plugs into the ECU
cost me £482.

Works fine with Auto box

Dont know about BHP cos they couldnt do a rolling road test due to perm 4WD. The car just feels tons better - never thought driving a diesel would put a smile on my face! :) and best of all .. the wife loves the increase in power too! so much so she forgot to ask how much it cost :bannana:

Thanks for the tip RichardW

No probs! The box looks the same as mine. Have they managed to fit it inside the ECU box? Rob fitted mine in the slot normally taken by the autobox brain.

Glad to know it was worthwhile!

On another note, we tried an ML today. First impressions were:

Noisy when cold(much worse than the 220), but then very different when warm.

Would go much better with a chip!

My wife didn't like the auto box to start with - after a couple of miles it wasn't a problem.

So when we can raise the dosh it'll be an ML next (she suggested that the ML would be hers, I'd get her Polo!)

R

Last edited:
mb cdi chip

hi all, as always steve always gives good advice, so ordered a chip yestready for My wifes ML, came this am, installed and a good improvement. i need to to some more miles before i an qulify how much better it is.

It was from bromley tuning as well

The other point is that the car is new and has only covered 1000 mles, but it does feel a lot smoother. It also seems to get to illegal speeds with a lot of ease.:cool:

I'll give it a few more miles then report back.

cheers

kenny

Last edited:
I think we should start a 'chipped diesels' section, so far we've got 2 Cs and 2 MLs :D

Anyone else got one?

Sorry Jimmy - forgot yours...:eek: - let's make that a 'chipped mercs' section. :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

R

Hi all,
Sounds good to me.......

My A170 CDI is chipped, :) also my SL320, ;)
Both are fitted with the "SuperChip".

Does Koolvins 180 count ??

After all it is "chipped" - just using an MF2 and an extra injector :)

Mark

mb cd i

hi all, well after extensive, testing ( the wife drove to her mums) i have established the folliwng.

1 0-65 now seems to be around 9.5 sec

2 far more grunt right across the rev range

3 on the journey we do every week, with the same load /traffic / driver mpg is 4-5 mpg better

4 the car seems to run cooler, but not sure if this is good or bad :rolleyes:

I think it would benefit from a rolling tune as per steves as i have a very slight pause after i have stepped off.

all in all i would recomend this chip and so would the wife as it's her car!!

cheers

Kenny

Sorry! Forgot the main man! :eek:

Yes Mark, definately include Koolvins car - he has had the bottle to do far more than just plug in! Much respect! :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

R

Re: mb cdi chip

Originally posted by hash
hi all, as always steve always gives good advice, so ordered a chip yestready for My wifes ML, came this am, installed and a good improvement. i need to to some more miles before i an qulify how much better it is.

How very kind of you to say !! thanks

:D

We are still well chuffed with our chipped ML

to answer Richards question, yes, ours was fitted inside the ECU box so will not be seen by the dealer as I am told they plug in under the dash , drivers side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom