Television Question. What is the difference between these two.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
oh also the the more expensive one is a plasma tv, this means that after about 5 years the picture will be half the brightness it was when new :(

(theres plenty of other differences aswell but i have to get ready for work so just scanned the items briefly)

Thats a load of rubbish too.

Ive a 6 yr old panny plasma its as bright as the day i bought i bought it, and in my opinion the picture is better than similar priced LCD's.

John Lewis do keep their website pretty current and if something goes out of stock - or there might be a price or specification/model change - then they do update hourly.
However, what you can sometimes find, is that your Local John Lewis MIGHT have one or two ex-display models in-store and not listed on the website.
AND at a much discounted price - but you will have to ask in store.

My son recently went to buy a Samsung TV from our local John Lewis (Bluewater) and they had one ex-display model with an extra discount off the last listed price.
And as the only change between his model and the current was cosmetic, he paid almost £200 less than the current model.
Result ! ! ! ! ! !
Still got the 5 year guarantee and free delivery.:rock:
But you do have to go instore to find out.

I took the option of being notified by email when the set came back into stock at John Lewis. I have now received an email saying this model will not return to stock, (maybe just not at the £699 price) so maybe I should go and see if an ex-demo is available. :thumb:

Many thanks for the advice everyone. :thumb:

Small point of note: I've been shopping around as some of you will know, and managed to find 2 stores (okok it's Sony, but Panny have their own dealer network and you probably could do the same) they kept lowering their price to beat the other.. a good position for me to be in.

Now here's the thing...

I've finally settled on a price with one of them I'm shopping around for the extras.. y'know.. stand, hdmi cable etc etc.. and lo and behold the festive spirit seems to have kicked in.. multiple stands about a month ago were to be had for under a ton, now there are only 2 variants in this price bracket.

So.. do I buy the TV - put on a kitchen chair for a month until prices of stands go down or am I just being Scrooge?

BTW Sorry I'm hijacking your thread Ringway - try Dixons for your TX-P42G10B for £711?
or Richer Sounds for your £699 price? :D
http://www.richersounds.com/product/plasma-tv/panasonic/viera-txp42g10/pana-txp42g10b

Last edited:
Many thanks indeed for all your help everyone.

I managed to get the Panasonic TX-P42G10B from Marks & Spencer with a 5, year guarantee for £654.75 (there is a vat discount of £14.25 from the M&S website price) including delivery. :bannana:

LINK TO SITE.

Cheers,

Paul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom