The 2020 CL215 Owners Register

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Welcome twinstar, very pleasing to have a car with such low mileage. Is there a story behind it ?
Has it been stored perhaps ?
Funnily enough there is a story behind it. The car was bought new by a very wealthy gentleman who had various other cars so limited use on the cl. I bought the car in 2012 with 24k after he had an accident which declared the car a total loss. Not massive damage but cost of new amg bumper, etc made it an uneconomical repair. The car was completely repaired to virtually concourse standard, the only paint it had was bumper, bonnet and n/s front wing. Since then the car has done a few shows and the odd trip out on a sunny day. It hasnt been out in the rain for 6 years and spends its time garaged, under a sheet on a trickle charger. Mileage last year was 3 miles due to covid and no shows!!

Sorry but this is the only pic i can find at the moment.
@ twinstar that is a fascinating history & what a magnificent & stunning car !
Most of us just dream of obtaining a quality car like that.
It is credit to you to have brought it up that standard & maintained it as such.
No doubt about it, when you show it again, let us know here & I guarantee
you will have Register members coming to admire it !

Having issues with central locking from fob? PSE Pump problems?

Found a terrific chap called Fawad (engineer) who knows these pumps inside and out. M PSE pump is now all repaired for £240. Popped it back in last night and hey presto! He asked if I needed the soft close on the doors as this puts extra strain on these pumps and if not he can adjust for longer shelf life, so I took that option. Will post details later for Fawad’s contact as if you have PSE pump issues on CL or SL, he is brilliant and a real gent to deal with. I did this all via post 😃.

Also the Pump was very simple for me to remove and refit.
Just an update from me as I said I would provide details for Fawad - who fixed my PSE Pump.

I am delighted to tell you that it continues to work perfectly and my doors are locking/unlocking off the fob every time, so very impressed with his service. I have found him very approachable, professional and an all-round knowledgeable & decent chap.

So if you are having issues with the PSE Pump with your CL or SL, give Fawad a call on 07876 542 430.

He will discuss the problems you are having on the phone first, but in the end it was clear that mine had more major issues. I then posted the pump via Parcel Force, he diagnosed, gave me a price which we discussed and reviewed options. Agreed on best solution, fixed and received back through the post.

Excellent service and highly recommended.

Be good to build up a database of recommended & trusted people on here who can help us keep our glorious CL/SLs on the road, so let me know if there is anywhere else I can add details of people I have found to date?

Just an update from me as I said I would provide details for Fawad - who fixed my PSE Pump.

I am delighted to tell you that it continues to work perfectly and my doors are locking/unlocking off the fob every time, so very impressed with his service. I have found him very approachable, professional and an all-round knowledgeable & decent chap.

So if you are having issues with the PSE Pump with your CL or SL, give Fawad a call on 07876 542 430.

He will discuss the problems you are having on the phone first, but in the end it was clear that mine had more major issues. I then posted the pump via Parcel Force, he diagnosed, gave me a price which we discussed and reviewed options. Agreed on best solution, fixed and received back through the post.

Excellent service and highly recommended.
N
Be good to build up a database of recommended & trusted people on here who can help us keep our glorious CL/SLs on the road, so let me know if there is anywhere else I can add details of people I have found to date?
Has fawad got a website ? It is more re-assuringto many than just a mobile phone number. Regarding a dedicated list of useful firms/individuals for CL215 the only method that occurs to me is via pm and I formulate a list and progressively post it here. ???

Has fawad got a website ? It is more re-assuringto many than just a mobile phone number. Regarding a dedicated list of useful firms/individuals for CL215 the only method that occurs to me is via pm and I formulate a list and progressively post it here. ???
No he hasn't unfortunately as this is a sideline as he is an engineer by trade in the aerospace industry. But yes agree, so this might be an idea, as this is his ebay profile and everyone can see his feedback here too, so let me know if this link works fine for you:

Yes, that is fine, the Ebay store provides more useful information and establishes his credibility. Thank you Pete a useful find 😉

C43AMG started the register in March 2014.
Sadly he has now sold his 215.
It has now shrunk.considerably
Originally, there were circa 40 members with these cars.
CL500 models were top in numbers, followed by CL55AMG & just four CL600
A quick trawl now indicates that only about 7 remain.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Current members:-

Renaultts W215 CL500
Oxey CL600
Swotty CL600
Borys W215 CL500
PeteCL55amg CL55AMG
twinstar CL55AMG
Splitpin W215 CL500.

There are still other owners within the main forum.
Anyone selling their CL215 please advise the new owner of the register existence

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

SNIPPET

Looking for a CL215 ?

CL500 by "Craig"

If you were to look up "money pit" in Websters, it would have a photo of the W215 next to it. Seriously. I speak from bitter experience here. However it's a beautiful car, really lovely, we could meet up and compare sob stories too

It's identical to mine. My concern would be the low mileage and whether or not it's been driven much of late. Things to check in vague order are:

ABC pump- is it noisy?
ABC fluid reservoir- what colour is the fluid, does it smell burnt?
ABC ride height- does the car rise and lower with no problems?
ABC system pressure (you'll need a code/ values reader, iCarsoft i980 or similar, £80) reading >120bar?
ABC struts- no fluid visible, or misting only (no leaks/drips).
ABC struts- gaiters not torn and in good order.

Are you getting the theme on ABC here?

Window rubbers- in good order?
Open doors and look at the large rubber finisher on the B-pillar equivalent- uncracked and in good order? (£500 for a pair if needing replacement)
Sunroof and dome lamp operational?
Sunroof rubbers- cracked?
Open the boot, lift the carpet. Spare wheel well, any cracks?
Toolkit complete?
Battery age (right bugger to change on these due to position).

Body- any corrosion evident around:
Rad grille
Door handles
Roof to body join at pillars The body and interior look great, check out the underneath for brake line corrosion and general condition
The body and interior look great, check out the underneath for brake line corrosion and general condition.
for water stains as this might have been dried out !
keep an eye out for rattly bits of trim that has had clips knocked off.
raise lower the suspension a few times and try and get underneath if possible to look at the struts and ABC system leaks

Put £2-2.5k to one side for any hefty repairs, plan on changing ABC fluid & 3mu filter every 20k miles or 2 years religiously, keep on top of engine & transmission servicing and always keep the heater box drains clear. Aside from that- and you have to literally worship that ABC system I'd suggest- you have a car that was designed for no wind noise at upto 160km/h. It's lush.
I have the '00 reg. The main difference is the internal data system and COMAND. Mine has the original COMAND 2.5, later models either '02 or '04 went to the larger screen and replaced the D2B fibre optic system with MOST (I think).
My main problem has been the lack of care taken by previous owner, I'm the 3rd owner, the 2nd just didn't bother servicing in 50k miles and that knackered the ABC. Plus doing some things on the cheap, like soldering a sidelight bulb directly to the lamp wiring harness rather than buying a new lamp holder (£5/pr from MB!)

To my mind the 215 is everything that epitomizes MB. Classic, everywhere. Drives beautifully too.
That car looks lovely and well worth an inspection.
The body and interior look great, check out the underneath for brake line corrosion and general condition.
raise lower the suspension a few times and try and get underneath if possible to look at the struts and ABC system leaks

Reference 2003 MY facelift changes, all W215 model history detailed in link...worth a look, I did not realise but they also updated the ABC system.

•Autumn 2002 model update for top Mercedes Coupé
•Bi-xenon headlamps with contemporary clear-lens design
•New 500 hp V12 biturbo engine
•Enhanced occupant protection with new sensor system
•Even more exclusive interior appointments

Good luck with the viewing, hope its worth a punt

I would go and look at the CL plus test drive it, check under the carpets plus boot well
As already stated, if your self inspecting... raise lower the suspension a few times and try and get underneath if possible to look at the struts and ABC system leaks...then an extended test drive...if good go in low £££.
Craiglxviii
Mercedes-Benz C215 CL Class 2000 – 2006
All Mercedes-Benz C140 CL-Class and S-Class coupés since 1998 were replaced with the introduction of the luxurious grand tourer.
The earlier versions of W215 were fabricated between 2000 and 2003, further upgraded by the addition of the 500 HP double-turbocharged 5.5 litre V12.
The CL class is a full-sized grand tourer. The CL stands for Light Comfort derived from Comfort Leicht in German language.
The adjective follows the noun in the German Language. This model was categorised as a CL-Class model
The initial models between 2000 and 2003 were the CL 500, CL 600, CL55 AMG and the CL63 AMG having the engines as 5.0L V8, 5.8 L V12,5.5L V8 and 6.3L V12 respectively.
They were powered by engines in the range of 225 kW to 327kW achieving top speeds of 250km/h or 155 mph
The later models after 2003 had their top speeds at 250 km/h or 155 mph too, which were electronically limited.
The CL 500, CL 600, CL55 AMG and the CL63 AMG now replaced engines as 5.0L V8, Turbocharged 5.5 L V12 , Supercharged 5.5L V8 and BITurbocharged 6.0 L V12 respectively.
The engine powers were now in the range of 225Kw to 450kW though
Grand tourers are front-engine with rear-wheel drive and are larger and heavier vehicles. They are designed more for comfort than outright performance, the front-engine lending more space for the cabin.
The softer suspensions cater for greater storage space making travel more luxurious and generating driving appeal
They differ from the standard two-seat sports car by compromising in direct performance but at the same time are comparable in speed, acceleration and torque ability leading as supercars.
Initially these models have been derived from the SL-Class roadster (SL meaning Sport Leicht or Sport Light) which refers to the marketing variations of the vehicles.
The various engine configurations outlined above span five design generations
About £6-7k. Big problem on these though are the coil packs, there are two of them and they're £1k a pop.

Speaking as someone with a 2000 CL500 that has experienced several issues, go and buy an MB-specific code reader before you view, then make sure you plug in and read any fault codes while you are viewing. I wish I'd done this, it would have saved me muchos problems...

It is commonly held that the number behind the class name on the back of an MB is its engine size. This is not the case, it is actually the standard cost for that car to repair any one thing that has broken or failed. For mine it's £500 (I need one strut and one pipe- and it's £1k); for yours it'll be £600. Remember you're buying a £90k car for under £10k, but it'll come with £90k running costs
OK so W215 in general:

You have the following common problems-

Seats- the front seats have SRS interlocks involving microswitches. These can fail, repair is possible cheaply but is fiddly.

Interior- it's a pretty solid car interior wise, keep an eye out for rattly bits of trim that has had clips knocked off.

Door mirrors- folding mirrors can fail due to stiffened wires.

Doors- soft closing can fail due to broken wires in the door harness.

ABC- this is the real pi$$er. The pump is €550, struts are between $550 and £900 (deliberate mixing of currencies, dependent on your model year as to which p/no you need); accumulators are £300 and valve repair kits are £50 (from me, as I have now started making these). However it IS worth it as ABC is just such a silky smooth ride. The key to it is to change fluid & filters religiously every 2 years and monitor the struts for leaking or misting. One is bad, the other is OK.

Engine & powertrain- you might need the pilot bushing replaced in the transmission, aside from that it's pretty bulletproof aside from the coil pack issue only on the V12.

All in all the 215 is a beautiful car only possessed by those of magnificent and undeniable taste, good looks and raw animal magnetism. It has a few faults but in return you get 15 foot and 2 tonnes of undiluted elitism.
smiles and tears, but careful attn to detailed maintainance is the key. i do a yr on oil and filter even if only 3k miles, i always interview the filter .i am nuts about any oil leak.(dont have any on my cars .. at the mo !!! kept covered in garage on front and rear ctek. keep tank mostly full , hope to avoid baffles breaking. not ,i believe an issue on yr model ?.
big ,big smiles on a warm dry day.. but not thrilled with suspension that can, does go wrong allowing the wheels to dissappear up into the wheel arches or wrecking the front arches. always park wheels straight for that reason. i keep the ABC up to date v oil and filters, but it is still not an uncommon failure. as i understand it even the oil only gets filtered AFTER all the crap has been thru the system, nice for valves and wallet. it sure does keep the car planted tho, but if i was replacing it i would rather have the peace of mind of coil suspension .i dont believe that benz think about customer maintainance costs/hassles after 5 yrs. and that is where this site and a few like it are great,if you are a practical chap , do yr maintainance and dont get really unlucky , then you can get to enjoy these cars if none of the above lease or buy bangers ... DBSL
Well what's 18" between friends? I had 5m in my mind for some reason :p

Regards the ABC, filters and fluid. Yes jl you're right that the fluid is only filtered on return to the header tank. Thus it is really important to keep the system pristine. If you're approaching 100k I would suggest having your valve blocks torn down, cleaned and rebuilt, these are the most likely points for gunk to be trapped and later released causing problems.

Worth noting that Pentosin have a 2000MY car with around 100k on it, fluids and filter have been changed every 20k/ 2 yrs and the car has never had an ABC issue. Keeping that fluid clean and fresh is the only way to go. Craig
Don't worry about the fuel costs. Look at it this way. My E220 costs me 13.8pence/ mile. My CL500 costs around 20p/ mile. Based on my usual usage that would work out to £40/mth increase if I used the CL exclusively.

You should average 25mpg; the M113 engine doesn't need a heavy right foot to get you going quickly, the whole style & feel of the car (plus, remember it's 2 tons so no sports car handling!) makes you- well me, certainly- a smooth, wafty, arrogant certainly, but def not a "racy" driver.

I found this some years ago. It is quite representative in my opinion

SNIPPET

Looking for a CL215 ?

CL500 by "Craig"

If you were to look up "money pit" in Websters, it would have a photo of the W215 next to it. Seriously. I speak from bitter experience here. However it's a beautiful car, really lovely, we could meet up and compare sob stories too

It's identical to mine. My concern would be the low mileage and whether or not it's been driven much of late. Things to check in vague order are:

ABC pump- is it noisy?
ABC fluid reservoir- what colour is the fluid, does it smell burnt?
ABC ride height- does the car rise and lower with no problems?
ABC system pressure (you'll need a code/ values reader, iCarsoft i980 or similar, £80) reading >120bar?
ABC struts- no fluid visible, or misting only (no leaks/drips).
ABC struts- gaiters not torn and in good order.

Are you getting the theme on ABC here?

Window rubbers- in good order?
Open doors and look at the large rubber finisher on the B-pillar equivalent- uncracked and in good order? (£500 for a pair if needing replacement)
Sunroof and dome lamp operational?
Sunroof rubbers- cracked?
Open the boot, lift the carpet. Spare wheel well, any cracks?
Toolkit complete?
Battery age (right bugger to change on these due to position).

Body- any corrosion evident around:
Rad grille
Door handles
Roof to body join at pillars The body and interior look great, check out the underneath for brake line corrosion and general condition

Put £2-2.5k to one side for any hefty repairs, plan on changing ABC fluid & 3mu filter every 20k miles or 2 years religiously, keep on top of engine & transmission servicing and always keep the heater box drains clear. Aside from that- and you have to literally worship that ABC system I'd suggest- you have a car that was designed for no wind noise at upto 160km/h. It's lush.
I have the '00 reg. The main difference is the internal data system and COMAND. Mine has the original COMAND 2.5, later models either '02 or '04 went to the larger screen and replaced the D2B fibre optic system with MOST (I think).
My main problem has been the lack of care taken by previous owner, I'm the 3rd owner, the 2nd just didn't bother servicing in 50k miles and that knackered the ABC. Plus doing some things on the cheap, like soldering a sidelight bulb directly to the lamp wiring harness rather than buying a new lamp holder (£5/pr from MB!)

To my mind the 215 is everything that epitomizes MB. Classic, everywhere. Drives beautifully too.
That car looks lovely and well worth an inspection.

Reference 2003 MY facelift changes, all W215 model history detailed in link...worth a look, I did not realise but they also updated the ABC system.

•Autumn 2002 model update for top Mercedes Coupé
•Bi-xenon headlamps with contemporary clear-lens design
•New 500 hp V12 biturbo engine
•Enhanced occupant protection with new sensor system
•Even more exclusive interior appointments

Good luck with the viewing, hope its worth a punt

I would go and look at the CL plus test drive it, check under the carpets plus boot well
As already stated, if your self inspecting... raise lower the suspension a few times and try and get underneath if possible to look at the struts and ABC system leaks...then an extended test drive...if good go in low £££.
Craiglxviii
Mercedes-Benz C215 CL Class 2000 – 2006
All Mercedes-Benz C140 CL-Class and S-Class coupés since 1998 were replaced with the introduction of the luxurious grand tourer.
The earlier versions of W215 were fabricated between 2000 and 2003, further upgraded by the addition of the 500 HP double-turbocharged 5.5 litre V12.
The CL class is a full-sized grand tourer. The CL stands for Light Comfort derived from Comfort Leicht in German language.
The adjective follows the noun in the German Language. This model was categorised as a CL-Class model
The initial models between 2000 and 2003 were the CL 500, CL 600, CL55 AMG and the CL63 AMG having the engines as 5.0L V8, 5.8 L V12,5.5L V8 and 6.3L V12 respectively.
They were powered by engines in the range of 225 kW to 327kW achieving top speeds of 250km/h or 155 mph
The later models after 2003 had their top speeds at 250 km/h or 155 mph too, which were electronically limited.
The CL 500, CL 600, CL55 AMG and the CL63 AMG now replaced engines as 5.0L V8, Turbocharged 5.5 L V12 , Supercharged 5.5L V8 and BITurbocharged 6.0 L V12 respectively.
The engine powers were now in the range of 225Kw to 450kW though
Grand tourers are front-engine with rear-wheel drive and are larger and heavier vehicles. They are designed more for comfort than outright performance, the front-engine lending more space for the cabin.
The softer suspensions cater for greater storage space making travel more luxurious and generating driving appeal
They differ from the standard two-seat sports car by compromising in direct performance but at the same time are comparable in speed, acceleration and torque ability leading as supercars.
Initially these models have been derived from the SL-Class roadster (SL meaning Sport Leicht or Sport Light) which refers to the marketing variations of the vehicles.
The various engine configurations outlined above span five design generations
About £6-7k. Big problem on these though are the coil packs, there are two of them and they're £1k a pop.

Speaking as someone with a 2000 CL500 that has experienced several issues, go and buy an MB-specific code reader before you view, then make sure you plug in and read any fault codes while you are viewing. I wish I'd done this, it would have saved me muchos problems...

It is commonly held that the number behind the class name on the back of an MB is its engine size. This is not the case, it is actually the standard cost for that car to repair any one thing that has broken or failed. For mine it's £500 (I need one strut and one pipe- and it's £1k); for yours it'll be £600. Remember you're buying a £90k car for under £10k, but it'll come with £90k running costs
OK so W215 in general:

You have the following common problems-

Seats- the front seats have SRS interlocks involving microswitches. These can fail, repair is possible cheaply but is fiddly.

Interior- it's a pretty solid car interior wise, keep an eye out for rattly bits of trim that has had clips knocked off.

Door mirrors- folding mirrors can fail due to stiffened wires.

Doors- soft closing can fail due to broken wires in the door harness.

ABC- this is the real pi$$er. The pump is €550, struts are between $550 and £900 (deliberate mixing of currencies, dependent on your model year as to which p/no you need); accumulators are £300 and valve repair kits are £50 (from me, as I have now started making these). However it IS worth it as ABC is just such a silky smooth ride. The key to it is to change fluid & filters religiously every 2 years and monitor the struts for leaking or misting. One is bad, the other is OK.

Engine & powertrain- you might need the pilot bushing replaced in the transmission, aside from that it's pretty bulletproof aside from the coil pack issue only on the V12.

All in all the 215 is a beautiful car only possessed by those of magnificent and undeniable taste, good looks and raw animal magnetism. It has a few faults but in return you get 15 foot and 2 tonnes of undiluted elitism.
smiles and tears, but careful attn to detailed maintainance is the key. i do a yr on oil and filter even if only 3k miles, i always interview the filter .i am nuts about any oil leak.(dont have any on my cars .. at the mo !!! kept covered in garage on front and rear ctek. keep tank mostly full , hope to avoid baffles breaking. not ,i believe an issue on yr model ?.
big ,big smiles on a warm dry day.. but not thrilled with suspension that can, does go wrong allowing the wheels to dissappear up into the wheel arches or wrecking the front arches. always park wheels straight for that reason. i keep the ABC up to date v oil and filters, but it is still not an uncommon failure. as i understand it even the oil only gets filtered AFTER all the crap has been thru the system, nice for valves and wallet. it sure does keep the car planted tho, but if i was replacing it i would rather have the peace of mind of coil suspension .i dont believe that benz think about customer maintainance costs/hassles after 5 yrs. and that is where this site and a few like it are great,if you are a practical chap , do yr maintainance and dont get really unlucky , then you can get to enjoy these cars if none of the above lease or buy bangers ... DBSL
Well what's 18" between friends? I had 5m in my mind for some reason :p

Regards the ABC, filters and fluid. Yes jl you're right that the fluid is only filtered on return to the header tank. Thus it is really important to keep the system pristine. If you're approaching 100k I would suggest having your valve blocks torn down, cleaned and rebuilt, these are the most likely points for gunk to be trapped and later released causing problems.

Worth noting that Pentosin have a 2000MY car with around 100k on it, fluids and filter have been changed every 20k/ 2 yrs and the car has never had an ABC issue. Keeping that fluid clean and fresh is the only way to go. Craig
Don't worry about the fuel costs. Look at it this way. My E220 costs me 13.8pence/ mile. My CL500 costs around 20p/ mile. Based on my usual usage that would work out to £40/mth increase if I used the CL exclusively.

You should average 25mpg; the M113 engine doesn't need a heavy right foot to get you going quickly, the whole style & feel of the car (plus, remember it's 2 tons so no sports car handling!) makes you- well me, certainly- a smooth, wafty, arrogant certainly, but def not a "racy" driver.

I found this some years ago. It is quite representative in my opinion
That's a thorough overview for sure and really useful. Fortunately I have been able to tick a lot of these off the list of possible concerns on my CL55 and buying a well looked after one with a good service history is key or you are taking a real punt. But you never know what might happen next on an 18 year old car, but agree, keeping it up to together, regularly serviced and maintained is key and will save you money in the long run. Still loving mine even though I am not driving it as much as I would like right now, but soon, hopefully :)

Well I sold the CL500 after 6 years.
What a magnificent beast! I shall miss it.

Attachments

• 84DCED00-CC19-4FD9-B9F0-5A83D87F4650.jpeg
    84DCED00-CC19-4FD9-B9F0-5A83D87F4650.jpeg
    1,006.6 KB · Views: 9
Well I can't quite bring myself to 'like' your post as we have lost another owner of these fab motor cars ;-) but glad you were able to sell it fairly quickly as I know you have a career change and not quite fit for purpose anymore. Appreciate all your knowledge as has been really useful as just passed 15 months of ownership myself.

New to the forum and just thought I'd add my experiences to this. Picked my CL55 AMG (non Kompressor) up in June 2014 with 69k miles and several owners. Was in fairly good condition but love the shape of the car and just had to have it and really wanted a black one. Now up to 120k and had my fair share of niggling problems, which seem to have been mainly electrical, the radio and CD stopped working but the biggest one has been the boot not closing, eventually found that there was a wiring problem and the pump had leaked its oil, I think you're just supposed to replace it but 'my guy' (Mercedes Tech) just cleaned it up and refilled the oil and job done.

Some of the suspension and ball joints have needed replacing but that's just wear and tear. Front seat is badly worn in places and and the leather's starting to split. There's some corrosion around the rear wheel arches and the sun roof is struggling to open, assume lack of use but overall it's treated me very well and still looks a great car. It's my only car and not quite my daily driver as I can walk to work.

I may replace it with the slightly newer W216 which by all accounts is a better car but we'll see. I'm lucky in that the guy looking after it works at the local main Mercedes dealership but works on cars in the evening, he really knows his stuff and has undoubtedly saved me a fortune.Merc CL.jpg

I endorse your comments above Flyingspanner It is of particular interest to me that owners,
including a number of respected Mercedes Independant specialists who have purchased,
maintained & kept a CL215, look back on their time with the car with an unusually high degree of nostalgic pleasure.

New to the forum and just thought I'd add my experiences to this. Picked my CL55 AMG (non Kompressor) up in June 2014 with 69k miles and several owners. Was in fairly good condition but love the shape of the car and just had to have it and really wanted a black one. Now up to 120k and had my fair share of niggling problems, which seem to have been mainly electrical, the radio and CD stopped working but the biggest one has been the boot not closing, eventually found that there was a wiring problem and the pump had leaked its oil, I think you're just supposed to replace it but 'my guy' (Mercedes Tech) just cleaned it up and refilled the oil and job done.

Some of the suspension and ball joints have needed replacing but that's just wear and tear. Front seat is badly worn in places and and the leather's starting to split. There's some corrosion around the rear wheel arches and the sun roof is struggling to open, assume lack of use but overall it's treated me very well and still looks a great car. It's my only car and not quite my daily driver as I can walk to work.

I may replace it with the slightly newer W216 which by all accounts is a better car but we'll see. I'm lucky in that the guy looking after it works at the local main Mercedes dealership but works on cars in the evening, he really knows his stuff and has undoubtedly saved me a fortune.View attachment 109767

A very warm welcome to the Register MHWGC, good to have you & the car aboard.
Thank you for the most interesting initial post, so many just give their name & basic details of their car & we have to extricate the interesting parts later !

I have two small tears in the driver`s seat & am currently searching for a local upholsterer.
I believe the malfunctioning sunroof can be time consuming to fix. Surprised that it had not
been examined & lubricated by your friend

A question for you, has the hydraulic fluid been changed at all ?

Simon

A very warm welcome to the Register MHWGC, good to have you & the car aboard.
Thank you for the most interesting initial post, so many just give their name & basic details of their car & we have to extricate the interesting parts later !

I have two small tears in the driver`s seat & am currently searching for a local upholsterer.
I believe the malfunctioning sunroof can be time consuming to fix. Surprised that it had not
been examined & lubricated by your friend

A question for you, has the hydraulic fluid been changed at all ?

Simon
Thanks Simon, I only looked to open the sunroof at the weekend and I may not have even tried over the previous 12 months due to the lockdown but I'm seeing the Tech later so will ask him, as I will about the hydraulic fluid as I've no idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom