The 2020 CL215 Owners Register

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A little more, Designo is still available:
-https://www.mercedes-benz.co.uk/passengercars/mercedes-benz-cars/designo/stage.module.html
Possibly your car is Mystic Blue ? ....obviously they are offering on modern car versions now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210730-215933.png
    Screenshot_20210730-215933.png
    715.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20210730-215925.png
    Screenshot_20210730-215925.png
    225.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20210730-215918.png
    Screenshot_20210730-215918.png
    219.4 KB · Views: 4
And my wood is alot lighter than that steering wheel and it's a cream interior

OK, The VINDECODERZ (Appears to be replication of your Data card) indicates that the car was standard on the production line.
This indicates that the Designo package was added by the Mercedes dealer when the car was first registered.
You might possibly have an invoice indicating this ?
If not contact the initial dealer & ask them, it should be in their system.
The fact that there are differences from standard in your interior, strongly suggest that you have a package but which one
remains unknown.
Have you got anything in the paperwork with a past owners name/address ? They might be helpful.
In the meantime I will continue research.

OK, The VINDECODERZ (Appears to be replication of your Data card) indicates that the car was standard on the production line.
This indicates that the Designo package was added by the Mercedes dealer when the car was first registered.
You might possibly have an invoice indicating this ?
If not contact the initial dealer & ask them, it should be in their system.
The fact that there are differences from standard in your interior, strongly suggest that you have a package but which one
remains unknown.
Have you got anything in the paperwork with a past owners name/address ? They might be helpful.
In the meantime I will continue research.
I have this 🤔

Attachments

• received_347813243471057.jpeg
    received_347813243471057.jpeg
    51.9 KB · Views: 2
  • received_1104160833443343.jpeg
    received_1104160833443343.jpeg
    60.5 KB · Views: 2
  • received_515620949543229.jpeg
    received_515620949543229.jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 2
  • received_172393281624653.jpeg
    received_172393281624653.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 2
I have this 🤔
This will provide the answer:-

Mercedes 500SEC.com. self explanatory website produced by Peter Hedenstrom in Sweden.(Not official Mercedes)
Most impressive detail & images that takes much time to digest.
I suggest that you read through carefully & compare images with your car, then contact him & ask for copies of Designo Edition(s) for CL215 2000-2006 to authenticate the actual package you have on your car.
It will take some careful study on your part.
Let me know how you get on & if you require any clarification at all.

Pleased to report that my CL55 is back with me after its recent trip to the garage complete with new remanufactured struts and suspension arms, inner and outer track rods, ABC line and tracking. Everything all seems to be fine but I will report back on the performance of these struts and if I have any issues going forward.

Garage bill was £1,800 including VAT and I additionally sourced 2 remanufactured front struts direct from China at £548.99 plus £23.00 postage and £80 excise fees. That was far cheaper than the £1,400 per strut that Mercedes were charging.

I had them diagnose a few other issues I have at present:

No sound from command system ie sat nav, radio
This has had water getting in at some point (probably from the PSE Pump that I replaced previously) and its shot along with the CD player. So I will look out for a second hand Amp, so please let me know if anyone knows where to get one.

Sunroof not closing properly
This was down to the seal moving out of shape due to some corrosion around the roof, so will need sorting at some point with some body work, but my CL55 is kept in the dry, so not urgent and I could do with a break on spending out!

ED87E23F-F053-485A-96B5-CDCB6EAC5DBE.jpeg

A photo of my CL55 AMG. One owner car from new. 159k miles with original bill of sale coming to £99,800. It also has every invoice from new. I can assure you it’s eye watering.

I bought it sigh unseen and had it delivered. It sat for months until this summer when I could get time and enjoy it. Unfortunately being sat around didn’t help.

A new fuel pump, both front tyres (they were long gone) and I made repair section for both rear ABC lines that go to the rear struts. ABC fluid changed and it’s driving like a dream.

I have lowered it slightly on links t make it look more aggressive and modern.

Next job is sort the very spongy brakes with a fluid change and book in an oil service at Mercedes.

thanks 👍🏾
Ps I can’t understand why the photo has not uploaded correctly.

808751EF-8B21-4B52-8F83-427EA7D210BF.jpeg

View attachment 117124

A photo of my CL55 AMG. One owner car from new. 159k miles with original bill of sale coming to £99,800. It also has every invoice from new. I can assure you it’s eye watering.

I bought it sigh unseen and had it delivered. It sat for months until this summer when I could get time and enjoy it. Unfortunately being sat around didn’t help.

A new fuel pump, both front tyres (they were long gone) and I made repair section for both rear ABC lines that go to the rear struts. ABC fluid changed and it’s driving like a dream.

I have lowered it slightly on links t make it look more aggressive and modern.

Next job is sort the very spongy brakes with a fluid change and book in an oil service at Mercedes.

thanks 👍🏾
Ps I can’t understand why the photo has not uploaded correctly.

View attachment 117125

Looks good Vick and in very good condition, I like the slightly lowered look too.

Mercedes dealership may be expensive for any work including oil service, so worth looking for a local independent.

Looks good Vick and in very good condition, I like the slightly lowered look too.

Mercedes dealership may be expensive for any work including oil service, so worth looking for a local independent.

Thank you Pete.

it’s going to Leeds Mercedes for the oil service so the dealer history is continued. I tend to do my own service work with genuine or OE parts.
I’ll be doing a gearbox and diff oil change myself just so it’s done to my satisfaction.
:)

Thank you Pete.

it’s going to Leeds Mercedes for the oil service so the dealer history is continued. I tend to do my own service work with genuine or OE parts.
I’ll be doing a gearbox and diff oil change myself just so it’s done to my satisfaction.
:)
Sounds like you are rather more of a mechanic than me Vick so your CL55 is in good hands 😀

Sounds like you are rather more of a mechanic than me Vick so your CL55 is in good hands 😀
You are being too kind, sir! I’m more an intrigued hobbyist with ADHD who follows manuals and YouTube well! 😂

I’ve got an engineering back ground which helps a little but, I take my time and ensure a job is done correct. I find garages mostly knock them out without the care I would like.

HNY fellow CL owners, pleased to have been using my CL55 lots pre and post Xmas and looking forward to many more journeys in 2022.

Plenty of work to do this year including getting sound back by fixing my amp, front spoiler bodywork repair and spray and sunroof corrosion to sort. Also pretty sure might have front wheel bearing issue as not sounding quite right at low speed.

So what’s on your list?

Also will try to get more involved on here and be terrific if any fellow CL owners are up for a meet in the Spring?

Pete

I loved mine so much, I bought it back from Terry at WG a few months ago. Last owned in 2015

65 amg brake calipers
2 piece discs
2 piece 65 amg wheels
Pulley, water meth, tcu/ecu tune, bwk etc.

It's getting a full resto as it's in a bit of state, will be the subject of a few of our videos this year :)

Let’s all share some pics416B6144-DE82-4C5C-8A2F-4C0F32507793.jpeg
I loved mine so much, I bought it back from Terry at WG a few months ago. Last owned in 2015

65 amg brake calipers
2 piece discs
2 piece 65 amg wheels
Pulley, water meth, tcu/ecu tune, bwk etc.

It's getting a full resto as it's in a bit of state, will be the subject of a few of our videos this year :)

Attachments

• FBC903CF-962C-4D9B-9DFD-CD1491D78D38.jpeg
    FBC903CF-962C-4D9B-9DFD-CD1491D78D38.jpeg
    791 KB · Views: 4
  • 449294FC-1169-4338-A83A-B1F95C05D539.jpeg
    449294FC-1169-4338-A83A-B1F95C05D539.jpeg
    904.3 KB · Views: 4
  • D3E964F1-1EC3-43CE-9E43-D0D47F1322D0.jpeg
    D3E964F1-1EC3-43CE-9E43-D0D47F1322D0.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • 5BC51F72-5316-464C-8250-3FFCCDFFF6C1.jpeg
    5BC51F72-5316-464C-8250-3FFCCDFFF6C1.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
Pleased to report that my CL55 is back with me after its recent trip to the garage complete with new remanufactured struts and suspension arms, inner and outer track rods, ABC line and tracking. Everything all seems to be fine but I will report back on the performance of these struts and if I have any issues going forward.

Garage bill was £1,800 including VAT and I additionally sourced 2 remanufactured front struts direct from China at £548.99 plus £23.00 postage and £80 excise fees. That was far cheaper than the £1,400 per strut that Mercedes were charging.

I had them diagnose a few other issues I have at present:

No sound from command system ie sat nav, radio
This has had water getting in at some point (probably from the PSE Pump that I replaced previously) and its shot along with the CD player. So I will look out for a second hand Amp, so please let me know if anyone knows where to get one.

Sunroof not closing properly
This was down to the seal moving out of shape due to some corrosion around the roof, so will need sorting at some point with some body work, but my CL55 is kept in the dry, so not urgent and I could do with a break on spending out!
I used the BOSE amp from a same year AMG CLK, I had to trim a key way in the plug with a scalpel, as it was positioned very slightly offset, but it worked perfectly. (And was cheap on eBay) the part numbers were fairly similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom