The E63 I now own.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Came back with new swirls after an unauthorised Brookies MB super wash....now have a do not wash rear mirror hanger.

When I bought my GL (at Brooklands) I made a specific request that they did not touch the car at all - inside or out, which they accommodated - much to the surprise of the salesperson! It hadn’t even been prepped for sale at that point and was already pretty clean and tidy - I didn’t want the risk of any damage or stuff going missing from inside etc.

When I bought my GL (at Brooklands) I made a specific request that they did not touch the car at all - inside or out, which they accommodated - much to the surprise of the salesperson! It hadn’t even been prepped for sale at that point and was already pretty clean and tidy - I didn’t want the risk of any damage or stuff going missing from inside etc.
I did the same in September - the salesperson acted so surprised - perhaps it’s a standard reaction!

re the OP, reckon you dodged a bullet with the lack of cleaning!

In which case I shall drive my filthy E63 with pride, and clean it myself at the weekend.

On a different note, I had an I will admit confusing conversation with Neville at Guildford MB's parts department.

He's carefully priced up the bits that I won't need unless I can get the bits he hasn't priced up.

Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 21.12.40.png

I think I need 1 X 650, 1 X 640, and an indeterminate but possibly large number of both 660 and 670.

I'm unclear as to what 510 and 520 are, but I might need those also.

Anyone know how to convert the numbers in the diagram into full MB part numbers?

720 and the seatbelt system (680) can be purchased off ebay for less, though admittedly the former doesn't come up to often. You'd never believe how versatile this luggage system is, however.

EDIT: Time to update your profile pic :)

I think I need 1 X 650, 1 X 640, and an indeterminate but possibly large number of both 660 and 670.

Anyone know how to convert the numbers in the diagram into full MB part numbers?

This should give you the Part#'s

Not sure if its 520 or not, but mine had a fold away rear bumper protector thing - could that be it?

In which case I shall drive my filthy E63 with pride, and clean it myself at the weekend.

On a different note, I had an I will admit confusing conversation with Neville at Guildford MB's parts department.

He's carefully priced up the bits that I won't need unless I can get the bits he hasn't priced up.

View attachment 105909
Try mb edinburgh on ebay, great prices -

I have the cargo restraining system and used it a lot before I bought the plastic boot tray as it now over sits the rail mounting system.

If it is any help let me know and I can take pics, count bolts etc etc

I have the cargo restraining system and used it a lot before I bought the plastic boot tray as it now over sits the rail mounting system.

If it is any help let me know and I can take pics, count bolts etc etc
That would be really handy- thanks.
I’ve found a pair of the rails on eBay from a car that’s been broken but would prefer to use new parts, I’ll contact MB Edinburgh with the part numbers to see what the score is there.

Neville is an absolute legend in the parts department world, for his knowledge :)

That Avon almost had the last laugh - I had three out of four wheels changed over to the winters, with the OSF left. Started to try to free the bolts off and they'd clearly been tightened up with Gods own rattle-gun to something like a billion Nm.

I genuinely thought I was stuck, but eventually I got them to crack. ~73kg of me and a 3' torque wrench succeeded using bouncing, of which I'm not proud, but needs must.

Anyway, done now and the car is on four Sotto-Zero, so I shall report back as to whether they improve the traction.

Anyway, done now and the car is on four Sotto-Zero, so I shall report back as to whether they improve the traction.
They will, quite significantly - just don't expect a complete miracle.

I have the car booked in with the place that looked after my C55, they're going to go over it from stem to stern and generate a complete health check.

If that comes back clear, and I truly hope it does, then I will consider the Quaife install that many (most?) on here have done.

DDR in Surrey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom