The Elephant in the Room

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So, this is the other UK politics thread then?

Ive removed 2 pages worth of posts talking about Brexit, & UK Politics.

To all: Please refrain from discussing anything other than Todays US Election. If you want to talk about UK Politics use the thread provided. :thumb:

That may have been my fault :eek:

back to ironing my Trump tee-shirt...
I'm joking about Trump by the way.

What a shambles over the pond lmao.....

I would trace the political "fork in the road " back to post 134. That said in political discussions there are always parallels to be drawn so maybe diversions are inevitable.

Anyway back on topic. Just supposing Clinton wins have we seen the end of Trump politics? I fear not.

Last edited:
Anyway back on topic. Just supposing Clinton wins have we seen the end of Trump politics? I fear not.

If he loses I think he'll pounce on any chance to chuck dirt about and make publicity.

My bet is that if Trump wins then he lasts two years before he gets caught out and impeached for something stupid or trying ot overeach his authority.

And my bet is that if Clinton wins then she will be tangled in a continual rearguard defence of her own position and as a result carry limited authority.

I think Trump will have more fun if he comes a close second - or if he only loses because of the electoral college setup - than he will if he actually wins.

In the US campaign it may well help that you haven't held previous political office. It leaves you accused of inexperience - but not the same complex baggage that you might carry had you been in a senior position in government.

In a similar fashion as you would want the new first year apprentice working on your Mercedes instead of a mechanic with years of experience?

If he loses I think he'll pounce on any chance to chuck dirt about and make publicity.

He's already doing it-----saying the voting system is fixed. If he loses--- its a fix---- if he wins its obviously a true expression of the voice of the American people. In Trump land reality changes according to what Donald says it is- post truth politics

Ive removed 2 pages worth of posts talking about Brexit, & UK Politics.

To all: Please refrain from discussing anything other than Todays US Election. If you want to talk about UK Politics use the thread provided. :thumb:

Sorry. Mea culpa. :eek::fail

Also moved all of the Nicola posts to the UK thread.

In the US campaign it may well help that you haven't held previous political office. It leaves you accused of inexperience - but not the same complex baggage that you might carry had you been in a senior position in government.

In a similar fashion as you would want the new first year apprentice working on your Mercedes instead of a mechanic with years of experience?

But that's politics and keeping the public and media happy as compared with getting on and doing an actual job.

So in politics you point fingers at your opponent and criticise them for making decisions that had you made them you would also have been tainted - and then you get into office and they do the same back to you.

It might be better (well no it wouldn't!) if the government was voted into office for five years based on a material bid for the job - ran the country behind closed doors - and then we vote then in or out based on actual measured performance against the bid.

I see Trump as the worst kind of used car salesman.He lies because its second nature to him. In the event of him winning the people I feel sorry for are his supporters not those against him- they already know what to expect. His supporters are not fools they genuinely want a better America but are doomed to be disappointed. In the event of his electoral success they are about to be become victims of the biggest political ponzi scheme in American electoral history.

Donald Trump's Ponzi Scheme - The Atlantic

It's not a popularity contest you know.

Oh, hang on...

I'm joking about Trump by the way.

What a shambles over the pond lmao.....

We are going to build a wall and they are gonna pay for it!

You couldn't make most of what he says up if you tried...

Sorry. Mea culpa. :eek::fail

Also moved all of the Nicola posts to the UK thread.

Not sure what I missed , but if post 134 started it then probably my doing - sorry for the derailment .

Not sure what I missed , but if post 134 started it then probably my doing - sorry for the derailment .

So you should be, drop you pants and stand in the corner for the evening singing Bohemian rhapsody in a Tenors tone.

...If he loses I think he'll pounce on any chance to chuck dirt about and make publicity....

What is even more worrying is voters interviewed today saying (in strong Southern accent) that if Trump does not win then it is because the 'Democrats are committing voter fraud on us'.

Now if you think of all those Trump-supporting armed militias down south... this might not end well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom