Thinking of upgrading sip and main beam

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gh3382

Car
ML350 4Matic
I am thinking off upgrading the H7 bulbs in my dip and main beam.

Despite my car having loads of extras i am surprised it does not have xenon lights.

I have ordinary H7 in now and have in my other car replaced the H7's with Philips extreme 55W and have tested those bulbs in my W209. They are better and brighter but I am considering these.

Osram 64210NBP Night Breaker Plus H7 12V 55W Twin Pack of Headlight Bulbs: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

Osram also do a bulb with an extra 10W (65) and I wondered if it would be that much better than the 55W. I think they might only be for off road.

GH3382

Nightbreakers transformed the dip beam on my Corvette so I replaced the mains on my Clk where they made a little difference. I guess they're more suited to some lamps than others, plus the better the original bulbs the less the difference. As a cheap and legal upgrade the're worth a go.

I Have these in mine and make a huge differance all i have got to do is change the front fogs also. Thats a good price also

Ok got the osrams and they have made a little difference but not much.

i have philips in my other car so I am going to put one in and compare them .

GH3382

Be careful with the 65W bulbs, they may confuse the ecu and cause a bulb fail warning... seems to happen on some makes.

Hi Colin B, I am using the standard 55W.

was concerned about things like that and overheating wiring or lens so decided on a standard powered bulb.

gh3382

Hi Colin B, I am using the standard 55W.

was concerned about things like that and overheating wiring or lens so decided on a standard powered bulb.

gh3382

Probably wise:) The Osram ones were OK in my C320, better than standard bulbs, but not a lot. Worth a try, I suspect.

The Osram bulbs worked for me.

I have compared the osrams with the Philips by putting one in each light .

The osrams appear to just be slightly better but not anything significant.

gh3382

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom