TMC enabled Navteq DVD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
saorbust said:
Just asked - that isn't working (B6 782 34 89 NTG1 COMAND DVD Version 5.0)

My dealer hasn't got it.

Clarky.

Not over here either. But the # is correct. We just have to wait a day or two to see if it shows up.

Okay dude - fingers crossed it has what we want. Does anyone have any release notes ?

Oslo said:
According to MB Norway, that number (B67823395 ) is for the 4.1 vers. Could you double check?

Oops, yep my bad. The 95 part no is version 4.1, the correct part is the 89 as you stated.

Although I have not opened one to check I am fairly certain that it is TMC enabled for the UK, but do bear in mind that I only had a quick glance at it.

You might have to give it a short while, as it will probably go on backorder till the current order book has been met, and new stock come in.

Current Order book !? Jeepers if only we could have pre-ordered it...

Okay done it. My copy will be here on Friday / Saturday. You are right - its on back order from Germany, but stock is coming in as we speak.

Price to be advised, I will advise of the features when I get a copy. Lets hope its been TMC enabled.

Clarky.

saorbust said:
Current Order book !? Jeepers if only we could have pre-ordered it...

Factory gets first wack at the new parts, then it becomes available to your Countries headoffice MB parts store. If stock should be ordered in the meantime it goes on backorder till the current order book is first met. Glad that the delay is not going to be to long then and you will finally get the TMC you should of always had from day one.

Hi Guys, This is my first post. I have registered because I have just taken delivery of a CLK 320cdi sport in the UK. I had the COMAND option, but am a little disgruntled as I seem to have the roundabout delay which I have seen people speak of on here, i.e. I turn off the correct exit, then about 20 yards later get a 'now turn left' command :p

The DVD which was supplied in my System is a teleatlas version 4.0. Should this be 4.1? Or even 5.0? My dealer is vague, saying it needs to come in for their tech guys to check it out. I've only had it a week!

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

hi, welcome.
The "current version" 4.1 you see mentioned here is misleading, for you, as that is referring to the Navteq Harman/Becker (NTG1 COMAND APS), which is fitted to CL, E, Maybach, S, SL & SLK, but not to your CLK.
I don't know what the relevant versions are for the CLK.
Enjor your new car :)

saorbust said:
Okay done it. My copy will be here on Friday / Saturday. You are right - its on back order from Germany, but stock is coming in as we speak.

Price to be advised, I will advise of the features when I get a copy. Lets hope its been TMC enabled.

Clarky.

No sign of it yet then?

Nope - still on back order in Germany.

We have version 4 for our Smart forfour, this also is the correct disc for A, C & CLK's (I also think it's the new M's)
Part nos
B6 7823386
A 169 827 20 59

It seems to have fixed the roundabouts.

Kate

Just been told the DVD version now isn't out till January.

This is getting stupid.

MB - if you are reading this - please SORT IT OUT !

saorbust said:
Just been told the DVD version now isn't out till January.

This is getting stupid.

MB - if you are reading this - please SORT IT OUT !

Looks like ANOTHER letter to Mercedes-Benz??

This is truly taking the proverbial.

In the Spring they went to great lengths publicising how they have now bought the license to activate TMC and it was expected to be released late summer? I wonder what the hold-up is?

Thanks for the update,
John

glojo said:

In the Spring they went to great lengths publicising how they have now bought the license to activate TMC and it was expected to be released late summer? I wonder what the hold-up is?
Bearing in mind that as you might have read in other threads on this forum TMC is up and running perfectly on the older oem navigation offerings!

glojo said:
In the Spring they went to great lengths publicising how they have now bought the license to activate TMC
John

Announced on 5th January. :mad:

glojo said:

Thanks for the update,
John

Letter sent yesterday. Bit stronger on the wording !!

saorbust said:
Letter sent yesterday. Bit stronger on the wording !!

Ditto,
Hopefully they will have somehow navigated there way to someone's desk that will give us a constructive answer?

I wondr who will get a response first, I fear they might be getting a trifle fed up with all my correspondance :eek:

Bye for now,
John

did you try and email daimler chrysler customer car uk?. they told me early next year at the beginning of september.

glojo said:

Talking to myself now.. :eek: :eek: :D

In between keeping my head in the sand!!! :rolleyes: I have just received the standard reply from Mercedes-Benz, but from experience (I have complained before) I will be getting a follow-up letter.

Dear Mr 'Ostrich'
Thank you for your letter, which was received in this office today.

A case Manager will contact you shortly to provide an update on the progress of your case.

A copy of our Customer Charter is enclosed for your information.

Yours sincerely

scrawl..... (No name is even printed)

I just know that I will get the party line, but at least my head rose above the parapet and a letter of complaint was posted.

Soarbust has also wrote and it will be interesting to compare notes.

John

The letter we had promising a refund for misselling on our unit states estimated launch in UK will be mid 2006!!

Kate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom