TMC enabled Navteq DVD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
glojo said:
Hi saorbust,
Thanks for that. It sounds like we both keep documentation, but I simply put the reference number of previous correspondence :eek:. I never kept the press release, but it looks like it depends on whose desk the letter lands on?

If you get better treatment, then I will have to drag my head out of the sand :rolleyes: and liase with you.

Good luck,
John

Stop Press :)
I have just received a Priority Post from the Netherlands, which very briefly states that:

***** there has been a delay in the introduction which has now been changed to the beginning of 2006. Please note that this information is subject to change.*********

Prior to taking delivery of the car in February 2004 I was told COMAND actually had this facility!! I suppose you can argue that it does. It simply is not activated. To me that is not a very clever response, but I am biase.

Oh well let round five commence.

Regards,
John the discontented

Hi John,

I had a reply this weekend. Its full of inaccurate detail (Teleatlas providing the CD was one choice quote!), and basically says its contractural.

I'm now going to write back, point out the incorrect statements in the letter, give them a copy of the press release, point out they are also 1 year into a three year deal (check http://www.itisholdings.com/pdf/mercedes050105.pdf) which is the press release from ITIS, and also state again that the owners manual does say 'TMC enabled where signal is broadcast'. I also mentioned that owners of the older systems can get the feature.

Frankly its a silly response from them, but at least they are trying.

Will keep you posted.

saorbust said:
Its full of inaccurate detail (Teleatlas providing the CD was one choice quote!), and basically says its contractural.

:D That is exactly what happened to me the first time I complained and if I recall correctly.. (highly unlikely) I think it was your good self that pointed out that the Teleatlas information was wrong. ;)

I suppose this exercise keeps us amused and at least they actually reply??

Good luck with round two (or twenty two)

John

According to German forum, all updates for both CD and DVD versions are postponed to February 2006 :mad:

Moin,Moin,

leider alle CD´s und DVD´s zurück gezogen

Neuer Termin nicht vor Feb. 2006

Oslo said:
According to German forum, all updates for both CD and DVD versions are postponed to February 2006 :mad:

Good morning Oslo
Thanks for the update, it looks like it is slowly creeping further away?

I hope it is not too cold in your beautiful part of the World. We actually had some of that 'white fluffy stuff' last week. It even settled and remained for 24hrs. Not deep enough to cover the grass, but snow never the less.

Take care, and regards to you and your family,
John

Oslo said:

Moin,Moin,

leider alle CD´s und DVD´s zurück gezogen

Neuer Termin nicht vor Feb. 2006

Can confirm the same. My letter states Early 2006.

They believe the current price is 'too much for our customers' and are blaming ITIS. My reply was 'Circ £2,000 for a navigation system that doesn't work as advertised is too much for your customers'.

Well its news time again.

I have been told offically by two people at MB (one in Germany, one in the UK) that V5 has been released and is on the parts lists in Germany (although perhaps not the UK).

I have a DVD on order - ETA Tuesday.

Will keep you posted - and yes its been confirmed as V5. No idea of features - YET.

saorbust said:
Will keep you posted - and yes its been confirmed as V5. No idea of features - YET.

Excellent news although contradictory to what we have been told.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,
John

saorbust said:
Well its news time again.

I have been told offically by two people at MB (one in Germany, one in the UK) that V5 has been released and is on the parts lists in Germany (although perhaps not the UK).

I have a DVD on order - ETA Tuesday.

New countries added including Greece and various eastern bloc countries
,Uk with TMC, more POI Europewide amongst others. And yes I can also confirm that it has been released. It has for a while but stocks have been erratic from what I can tell. The official line is Early next year, despite it appearing on the parts list for some time now, but some have been getting out so saorbust yours could very well be one of those.

Superb stuff thanks. Lets hope it gets here. Have they done anything else - 3D Birds eye view perhaps ?

Not to sure about bird eye view I had a glance at the technical spec document that came with one of the disc's, but then again it might have just being described as something different

VBD said:
Not to sure about bird eye view I had a glance at the technical spec document that came with one of the disc's, but then again it might have just being described as something different

:D It might be under the heading, "Wishful Thinking"

It would certainly be a 'pretty' option, but we are so behind regarding this type of technology.

Am I correct in thinking the latest Japanese option regarding 'Birds Eye' view actually display the correct shops with perhaps the correct advertising??

I heard that they were trying to develop the technology to show the correct flow of traffic? Our big brother campaigners would love that one.

Regards,
John the wishful thinker

Just to let you know, Audi UK are in the same position. The DVD systems is still TMC'less in the UK.

The new A6 & A8 MMI disk is "about" to be released with TMC I beleive, but the A3 and A4 RNS disk with TMC is still vapour ware.

I share your pain...

saorbust said:

Sorry but I've gotten a bit lost on this thread.... :confused: will this new V5 disc work in my new C220 with COMAND? Or is it only to replace the more "upmarket" E Class etc system?

thanks

TT

Hi Guys

Great thread! I had a call from MB (Sytner) Newbury this week (one of the techies there shares my frustration over this) - and he confirmed that they have been told that they will have the new disk available in January. No ideas of pricing yet.

Regards

M.

VBD said:
B67823395 for the following cars: W 211 from 03/2002, S 211 from 03/2003, R 171 from 03/2004, R 230 from 10/2001, W 220 from 09/2002 to 08/2005, C 219 from 10/2004, C 215 from 09/2002, V 220 from 09/2002 to 08/2005

I think these dates are when production of the model series started/ended - but note that the SL (R230), the S (220) and CL (215) had CD based systems for much of their production. I think S/CL switched in MY2004 and SL in MY2005 to DVD systems

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom