Tudu's car at this present moment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alfie

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
W169 A, W205 C, R172 SLC, W447 vantastic
Tudu is having some work done on his car today ;)

tudu.jpg

Linguatronic, Phone pre-wire and paddle shift steering wheel:)

LOL. I love doing that! There must be an excuse so that you can get the glove box out as well;) Looking forward to seeing and hearing about this load of mods. Have fun guys-wish I was there!

Bet you have 1 screw left over at the end of it!

:bannana: :bannana:

that brings back memories , almost feel like going out to buy a W203 to just take apart for the fun of it :D

The wheel with the paddle shift is now on....... Still some way to go yet.....

ALFIE will it be put back togeather by the time we have our GTG? ;)

Who says he's putting it back together - where do you think he gets his parts from? ;)

That picture brings back memories! :eek: Did the centre armrest come off any easier this time? :rolleyes: :eek:

Don't worry tudu, Alfie hides all the bits left over under the carpet :D

Great mods, you'll wonder how you managed without them (I certainly do!)

How's the flappy paddle mod going?

Last edited:
All done. Car back together again:)

Linguatronic and phone all working well. :bannana:

Most of the time was spent on the steering wheel. The SCM sees the paddles fine and we can see them in STAR working. However, they do not seem to change gear YET.:crazy: If anyone can crack it, Richard can;) We need to find a W203 with paddles and make a note of a couple of settings, then we can hopefully get the project completed.

tudu is coming to the GTG so hopefully if someone here has a W203 with paddles and they come along we can sort it out then:)

Edit: No screws left at the end.

That looks like a fun day out!!

Congats on the paddle shift so far - hope you can find the info you need to complete it. Looking forward to the pics!!

Hi All

:bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana:Just got back home 5:30pm was up at 4:00am and left Plymouth at 5:00am. Seeing my car's guts stripped out brought tears to my eyes but, what a job - must say big thanks to Alfie and Richard you are brill at what you do. Everything working okay even trained my voice for that lovely softly spoken women so now everythings hands -free well almost. iphone works really well, and the new steering wheel looks a treat with its paddles, and as you say Alfie if anyone can do Richard can.

Hope to see you all (those that are going) at the Midland GTG on 22nd.

Will post some pics tommorow after i have finished playing with the new toys. Once again many thanks to Alfie and Richard for excellent and professional installations. :)PS remember cardboard also has its place in the modding world.

Sounds fantastic!! Get those pictures up tudu can't wait to see them! So is the paddle shift mod working 100% now?

Sounds fantastic!! Get those pictures up tudu can't wait to see them! So is the paddle shift mod working 100% now?

Thanks. Steering wheels on but stills needs some coding have faith in Richard. My Black AMG III's wheels are ready tomorrow so i will get them fitted in the afternoon and post pics.

Could you post a thread saying who has paddle shift??

Maybe not everyone will read this thread but they might reply if they see the question in the title page - just a thought.

Congrats again and look forward to the pics tomorrow!!

All done. Car back together again:)

tudu is coming to the GTG so hopefully if someone here has a W203 with paddles and they come along we can sort it out then:)

I should be their if there is any fuel left - W203 C220 with paddles

Cheers
Adam

Excellent merc07, we would love to have a look at your car.

Just for anyone interested in the paddle shift mod, we installed the paddles etc, and the SCM (steering control module) sees the buttons operate - so that part of the process works without a new SCM or contact spiral which is useful as they are silly money.

We know the ESM (gear knob module) has an internal setting to know whether it looks for the 'lenkradtip...' (i.e steering wheel tiptronic) which is set to off and can't be turned on, so we suspect it learns it from somewhere else. Normally that is the CGW or the EIS, but I suspect it is actually from the gearbox controller which can only be coded via MB SCN code.

I have a feeling we have to update MB FDOK to tell MB the car has paddle shifts and then re-SCN code the EGS - which we can do (but I have to sort a WLAN when we are mobile) - but I'd like to see a car with it on to see if its set somewher else.

Richard

No worries, I'm on the list for coding anyhow, I'll try and get up there early.

Cheers
Adam

Richard, what about the S/C switch at the gear selector? Don't paddle shifters also have a "M" manual mode, so an S/C/M switch required? When "M" selected perhaps the "lenkradtip" setting gets set "on"?

(but I have to sort a WLAN when we are mobile)

Richard

Would SDS accept a dial up network connection (through GPRS on a cell phone)? Another option could be to use a S60 phone with WLAN, there are applications that use cellular network connectivity and share the connection for others through the integrated WLAN on the phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom