TV multi-room upgrade options - Sky?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RattlerRattler

Car
SL 55
Hi
I'm looking to up-tech the TVs in the house for 6 rooms and I'm looking for advice.

I have a SkyHD box in 1 room with a Sky box (nonHD) in another room and I'm looking to go HD in that second room plus extend the HD service to another 3 or 4 rooms (mainly bedrooms).

Is my best option to expand the existing Sky HD to multi- room HD, buy a second HD box and take the £ hit, or is there a viable FreeSat / FreeView system that could work here?

I have a single dish with quad lnb.

Does Virgin multi room equivalent work out better / cheaper? BT?

Or any TV signal splitter / multiplier system that could work here?

Thanks in advance

If you want the facility to have different channels in each room then multiroom is the best option. I have this and bought the boxes 2nd hand (about £20 for a SKY+HD box) and get the cards from Sky, pair them up. Some boxes can have their HDD's upgraded easily too

Try this (assuming you have a sat socket in the second room if not why not? cable it from the outside), get a duplicate card for £10 a month, a cheap HD box from ebay, take out sky protect get cheap ebay box changed to a new HD box, cancel sky protect, put new box downstairs, old box upstairs and your away.
Both boxes HAVE to be connected to the phone line all the time if you dont have a socket near you can get a radio link phone socket I sell.
Missus has her own box to fill with woman crap leaving my box nicely full of man crap for £10 a month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom