Tyre Pressure Monitoring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trando

Car
C63 AMG
Hi all - I have checked the previous threads on this but wanted to get an idea if other users here with cars fitted with TPM still check their tyre pressures manually. Am I relying too much on the TPM system to tell me if my tyres need air?

My previous E55 had TPM and despite this, I still checked my tyres manually approx bi-weekly.

Did the TPM give you the actual pressure, or just say when it was low?
If it gave you the reading, how did the two methods comapare?

Yes spot on.

so if the screen reading is spot on, is there a need to manually check the tyres or am I missing something and just being thick??

I think like all dashboard instrumentation once you have verified the readings to your own satisfation, then rely on them.
I know people question fuel consumption readouts, but do you question the rev counter? It appears that quite a few Japanese bike manufacturers have been conning us for years.;)
My experience with TMPS is that if it reads, then it will be right!

The only time i check them myself is when i have new tyres, then i set them to the correct pressure and then check the TPM once a week. I did have a punture when i went down a pothole and the alarm bells went off, it then showed which wheel was deflating and by how much.

I think like all dashboard instrumentation once you have verified the readings to your own satisfation, then rely on them.
I know people question fuel consumption readouts, but do you question the rev counter? It appears that quite a few Japanese bike manufacturers have been conning us for years.;)
My experience with TMPS is that if it reads, then it will be right!

Over the past 900 miles , my onboard after reset MPG overall has been within 0.3 of the actual figure.

Over the past 900 miles , my onboard after reset MPG overall has been within 0.3 of the actual figure.

Yep! That is also my experience with each of the Mercedes diesels I have checked.

We have this option on our E-class and the wear on our tyres is perfect as can be. I cannot ever recall manually checking the tyres but when the warning comes on the screen we inflate the tyres.

It would be piece of mind to check the tyres but our car is now 5yrsold and we have had no problems what soever

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom