• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Uncomfortable seats fixed!

Pitts Pilot

Car
SL63 AMG 6.3, VW Tiguan 2.0
I visited C E Moore, a car upholstery firm in north London yesterday.

Put a special 'Gel Pack' on the drivers seat to provide more cushioning.

Aaahh, improved comfort for my b^m. Wonderful!

I've been using DIY foam seat cushions in both my SL350, and more recently my replacement vehicle - SL63.

In both cars the 'sports' seats have been uncomfortable on long journeys.

Steve at C E Moore (London NW10 7AX tel: 020 8961 2225) was very knowledgeable (He's the owner). He admitted that it's a personal thing, so he has no 'silver bullet' to cure all ills, but he's 'lent' me a gel pack (deposit £90) that feels like boob implant silicone - I IMAGINE :eek: ...and in a strip 30x60cm by 1cm thick.

He says he can easily install this under the leather for a professional finish...

Only down side is it will block any ventilation holes (a feature of the SL seat).

Well, it's a sacrifice I'd make in a heart beat! Comfy b^m, no contest!!

Watch this space for a "Long Distance Test" of the gel pack. It could be the solution I've been searching for

Watch this space for a "Long Distance Test" of the gel pack. It could be the solution I've been searching for :D

I spent a dreadful day today sitting on motorways a 0 mph going from London to MB Basingstoke (Good outfit BTW).

2.5 hours, with heavy traffic, each way, so 5 hours and the gel pack made a noticeable difference to comfort.

I'm therefore going to go for the gel packs in both seats, £90 each, with a thin layer of black medium foam over the gel pack so I'm not effectively seating on sweaty plastic, and to help separate the heating elements from the gel packs; plus fitting -around £150 per seat I believe.

So that's £180 + £300= £480 (to be checked)

To folk who are happy with their seats this will sound like a fortune, but to those with painful or 'numb b^m', it's a bargain for 2 seats!

Cheers,
Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom