Vaping ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Would you not give up the nicotine, it every easy, I did it 5 & ½ years ago, I’ll teach you.
All you have to do is to be prepared to do without nicotine, if you aren't prepared to do without nicotine then you will never quit, that’s all there is to it. Vaping, patches, gum etc… that is all a load of bull.

Dec

I gave up using some drugs that I managed to convince the Dr to give me, at the time I was prompted by a friend who gave up using the same method after years of trying.
I wasn't all that bothered about giving up but, being the competitive type, I wanted to show my pal it was easy.

Zyban was prescribed and within 2 weeks I was a non smoker, the drug does have side effects though.
I was a mental, agressive, jumping out of moving cars type of non smoker. In hindsight I'm not sure which option was better for my wellbeing.

16 years later I'm still not smoking...

Vaping a bit, yes. No nicotine. £4 a week against £40 on fags this time last year. I've piled on weight but wouldn't go back. The kit is rubbish, the flavour unsatisfying (orange is the least useless I've found) and I'd like to think I'll be packing in this nonsense too in time!

Vaping a bit, yes. No nicotine. £4 a week against £40 on fags this time last year. I've piled on weight but wouldn't go back. The kit is rubbish, the flavour unsatisfying (orange is the least useless I've found) and I'd like to think I'll be packing in this nonsense too in time!

Stick with it:thumb:
Gave up 28/2/2013 after nearly 30 years of slowly killing myself.
Put on 25lbs but thats a small price to pay for my previous 15 Cafe Creme a day and £45+ a week. Spend it on fuel for the V8 now. Far more satisfying:D

I gave up smoking cigarettes on 30 April this year, turning to skycigs instead. This is much cheaper than smoking which was costing me £40/10 days. What made me change was the ash in my little green car when the roof was down! As mentioned elsewhere, today I had my all-day quality audit and I did it without any cig breaks and without using the e-cig, so that's a positive.

The product I use looks like a regular cig for size and shape but is black, not white. I just couldn't use those big ungainly things, they looked wrong.

Since giving up, an annoying cough (which of course I put down to the dry atmosphere in my office) has gone.

I am content with the change, I think I may have had two cigarettes since quitting, mainly because it was my birthday, drinks were served, etc.

I gave up in the summer of 2014, had a vapour pen hanging out my mouth ever since.

Infact I have it there so much, that a small gap has formed in my two front teeth from holding it with them when I'm typing/doing something. Also lost count the amount of times I've hit my window with it as I've turned to look at traffic to my right in the work van

Cheap as chips... No modded vape or anything special, just a kanger tech Evod battery (£7.99) Aspire clearomizer (£4.99) and coils (5 for £10)

Juices I get three for a tenner from vapers juice in Bedford, bought online. Their cherry bakewell or fruit salad flavours are sublime!

Circa £12 a month, was smoking fourty L&B a day before I quit. Strange how disgusting smokers smell after quitting, I couldn't get with a girl that smokes now

I went cold turkey.No vaping, gum patches etc. First month was difficult but got much easier after that. I hate the smell as well now.

If you want to quit smoking then get yourself a copy of Allen Carr The easy way to stop smoking, after reading this if found it much easier to give up and still a none smoker 5 years on now.
I don't think I could ever smoke anything other than the odd Bong now and again.
Yeah Man :rock:

Vaping doesn't have to be with the intention of quitting nicotine. It is a safe (until proven otherwise) way of enjoying nicotine without the known harm, smell, and mess of cigarettes.
A simple (mechanical) rebuildable mod sits between look-a-likes and the massive electronic mods and gives a lot of flexibility re juices, wicks, etc and decent battery life to boot. Liberty-Flight frequently have Diablo Ones (self contained mechanical mod with integral tank) on offer at circa £20 - a steal.

Michael Mosely on Horizon last week explored vaping. The woman who was previously employed by BAT said that if everyone in the UK turned to vaping it would be a good thing. That is, all smokers turning to vaping - and all non smokers taking it up also!

Did she give a justification for such a colossally idiotic idea?

Did she give a justification for such a colossally idiotic idea?

Less litter?

I know I'll get hated for saying this but when I see someone exhaling that massive cloud of e-smoke (or what ever it is) I don't think ex-smoker, I think addict.

Less litter?

I know I'll get hated for saying this but when I see someone exhaling that massive cloud of e-smoke (or what ever it is) I don't think ex-smoker, I think addict.

It's little more than water vapour (see recent Horizon for actual composition).
Yes, addict. Unashamedly an addiction - now without the deleterious effects of tobacco combustion. Guilt free enjoyment!

I am asked the why not quit completely question. Sure, recommend me a monastery to live in too. Oh, and am I suggesting they give up drinking alcohol - or anything else that gives them pleasure?

But nicotine addiction is one of the most pointless, least rewarding addictions available to you!

You get nothing from it except the need to not take another hit for a little while.

If you are going to be addicted to something get a proper, worthwhile addiction!

But nicotine addiction is one of the most pointless, least rewarding addictions available to you!

You get nothing from it except the need to not take another hit for a little while.

No! Nicotine is the only known drug that can simultaneously relax and raise concentration. Very useful!

If you are going to be addicted to something get a proper, worthwhile addiction!

Thankful to have escaped that thank you very much!

Yes she did. The reduction in harm by cessation of smoking cigarettes. Pretty simple, obvious even...

Sigh.

You said THIS:

"everyone in the UK turned to vaping it would be a good thing. That is, all smokers turning to vaping - and all non smokers taking it up also! "

So, what is the justification for NONE SMOKERS becoming vapers?

:dk:

Agree why on earth would a none smoker take up vapping. That's got to be a joke:D
Think he's having a laugh :dk:

And is it just me or do some of the flavours smell rank and sickly ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom