Viano w639 floor mats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bmundy

Car
Mercedes Viano
Hi All

I have a 2012 Viano in 8 seat configuration. Does anyone know if the rear mats I need are different for the 8 seat version (2x3 rear bench seats) to the 7 seat version (1x3 seat bench + 2xcaptains chairs)?

All I can find on eBay is conference layout (seats facing each other) and all facing forward but no mention of 7 or 8 seat config.

Thanks in advance

Try your local Mercedes dealer, they might have what you want!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I tried that, they quoted £200 but couldn't tell me if mine were different to the 7 seat layout. I want to order a set from eBay but want to make sure they fit first

Is 8 seats legal? I always thought that the Viano was limited to 7. The mats in our Viano which has 6 seats plus table and came with it when new only work with the seats facing forwards. Turned to face each other the table is blocked by the mats from sliding along the rails. I understood that there were no other options.

Yes 8 seats was a factory option. I believe 7 was standard but you could opt for 4 capt seats for 6 seat or 2 x 3 bench for 8 seat config.

Are you sure as you can have 2 x 3 seat bench with the Double front plus drivers in the Traveliner!! But the front "Double" I'd actually class as a 1 3/4...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

That would be a 9 seat config and you are referring to the Vito.

I am referring to the Viano in 8 seat. Driver + passenger + 2 x 3 rear bench

Didn't know that 8 seats were an option. Always thought though that the bench seats were too constricting and heavy. Our first Viano had row 2 3xseats but didn't like them. Much prefer our current 6 seater much more room. Any way doesn't driving an 8 seater require you to have taken some official course? Driving the school mini-bus certainly did.

We opted for the 8 seater as gives us more flexibility.

You can drive an 8 seater on standard licence.

From gov website

Cars
Category B - if you passed your test before 1 January 1997

You’re usually allowed to drive a vehicle and trailer combination up to 8,250kg maximum authorised mass (MAM). View your driving licence information to check.

You’re also allowed to drive a minibus with a trailer over 750kg MAM.

Category B - if you passed your test on or after 1 January 1997

You can drive vehicles up to 3,500kg MAM with up to 8 passenger seats (with a trailer up to 750kg).

You can also tow heavier trailers if the total MAM of the vehicle and trailer isn’t more than 3,500kg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom