vito 639 seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Get some posts up and pm me so we can talk.
The roof harness goes to the Sam, thats under the bonnet in the black box, under the fuses.
If you have rear heater then yes swap the lot.
Forget the shark fin.
Black box you need as well it will be the Gateway.
Take out the complete harness and swap out.
The cluster leave as it will be the old style, get a late or new cluster

Hello zenman 63,im not sure if you mean me get some post up? Not sure on how to do this to the forum as with being a newbie? Is all the roof harness conected to this sam under bonnet?is it easy enough to take out,also on the cluster being a 2004 viano going io a 2008 will it work,also on the pm you i cant see anything that lets me do that,can you confer where is best place to buy limo tint windows?regards.gary

Should say going into a 2008 vito,predictive txt and thick fingers

No like I said get a new cluster for it, the 2004 will not work.
Limo glass ebay or new.
Roof harness yes to the sam, never said is was easy!

Ok thanks for that,i have got to the wiring under the floor i was thinking just take all the harness that goes to the rear of the viano for rear heater sat nav outside lights etc and swaping into the vito then do the same with vito harness into the viano,so does the harness go into the sam under fuses in engine bay and is it a case of uncliping the harness from sam and pulling throu cab?also i was thinking is it a big job to change the rear air suspension from the viano onto the vito and vice versa?as the electrics for the air is on the loom thanks for hour help zenman,this project is never ending i was only going to put the seats in Lol

Just noticed i asked you about three times about the harness going into the sam,sorry about that

Hey zenman63 just had a thought could i swap the fuseboxes over sorry to keep mythering but both vans are on my drive and im trying to get them finished before the kids break up again. My e mail [email protected] thanks zenman

I am currently filming what im doing to put on u tube would you mind if i mention you and the forum,the filming is my sons idea i did a vw t4 last year panel van to a full camper with reimo roof got some pi s but never filmed it and my kids are always saying we should have put it on u tube thanks again

I havent bored you have i zenman63?i dont want to be a pain but did you read my messages,how do i get my post up to the forum then i dont have to keep bothering you? Thanks.gary

Hi to all,
For those who have seen my New Members Introduction you may have seen that i'm looking for information on whether i can fit the seats mounts/brackets(not tracking) that you find in a dualiner into my panel van without major alteration??
I've been told that you should be able to find the nuts for the brackets under the floor as they are standard to all vans? I'm beginning to have doubt's about it & starting to think i might have to get the floorpan from a dualiner welded in!!
Has anyone got any ideas? As i'm beginning to run out of ideas other than drill holes in the floor somewhere in the vicinity as i've got the measurements
(i Think they are right) of where they should sit

Hi big un i know this has been a while since you fitted your seats but just wanted a bit of info on the steel bar i have cut the floor and the bar drilled and taped the bar but the problem im having is sliding the bar under the floor any tips on easyist way i know zenman said use a bent welding rod and magnets but i am strugling with this just wondered if youve any tips thanks gary

hole I used 150mm long x 3.
Just add one more pair if you want that rail under the twin seat.
Between the 3 holes you drill in the floor, marked through the factory seat rails, cut a hole with a jigsaw 31mm x 60mm.
The bar needs drilling and tapping 10mm two in the long bar and one in the short.

These will go in the hole cut and slide along the rails into position.
I used two magnets and a bent welding rod through the bolt hole to guide into position.
When you know it fits take it out and clean the bars.
Then apply polyester sealant along the top of the bars and slide back in, this time bolt them up with the factory bolts and leave to dry.
Make sure you clean up the filings in the rails with a vac and then apply cavity wax with a tube on the can to get right along the rails.
Then close the hole cut with gaffer tape.
Then you can take the bolts out and the bars stay put.
Needs a good few hours to dry.
Put the ply, or mat back and fit the factory floor rails.
Job done.[/QUOTE]
The bar is flat steel 10mm thick 30mm wide 300mm long x3 and for the single hole I used 150mm long x 3.
Between the 3 holes you drill in the floor, marked through the factory seat rails, cut a hole with a jigsaw 31mm x 60mm.
The bar needs drilling and tapping 10mm two in the long bar and one in the short.

I used two magnets and a bent welding rod through the bolt hole to guide into position.
Then apply polyester sealant along the top of the bars and slide back in, this time bolt them up with the factory bolts and leave to dry.
Make sure you clean up the filings in the rails with a vac and then apply cavity wax with a tube on the can to get right along the rails.
Job done.
Hi zenman i am just in the middle of fitting all the viano seats into my compact i have cut the flat bar drilled and taped it also cut the floor 30x60mm how did you get the bar along the floor in the box section i know you used a welding rod and magnets i have tried this but i am struggling as the bar keeps falling into the cavity and did you use a long welding rod you said you put it throu the bolt hole was that throu the floor or the steel bar i have used strong magnets but they wont hold the steel struggling with this thanks for any help

Hi, yes long thin welding rods and a magnet on the floor to hold in place, a big magnet will hold the steel bar solid

The bar is flat steel 10mm thick 30mm wide 300mm long x3 and for the single hole I used 150mm long x 3.

Job done.

Hi, yes long thin welding rods and a magnet on the floor to hold in place, a big magnet will hold the steel bar solid
Can you help me out here as I am failing to understand. Is the floor in the Vito double skinned? I am about to attempt this and need clear advice.

I have considered doing this but had concerns around insurance.
While I am confident that the finished job would be strong enough it isn't possible for us to get any sort of crash test appoval, unless we have 2 vehicles and happy to lose one in a test.
In the event as the VIN won't show the instalation at manufacture I would imagine an insurance company would disclaim responsibility. Could always ask 'em though.

I have considered doing this but had concerns around insurance.
While I am confident that the finished job would be strong enough it isn't possible for us to get any sort of crash test appoval, unless we have 2 vehicles and happy to lose one in a test.
In the event as the VIN won't show the instalation at manufacture I would imagine an insurance company would disclaim responsibility. Could always ask 'em though.
You can get it tested and certified once installed and then it's just a matter of declaring it. My old boss did it with a transporter S-line as it was cheaper to buy the van new as a threee seater then crew cab it himself.

Reactions: m80
As far as insurance goes it will always be a 'modified' vehicle though, which will complicate things a bit (some companies won't even give a quote).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom