vito 639 seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
To get a cushion floor in decent condition I think you be struggling as most will have been abused, I ended up swapping mine for a new one as I couldn't find one to fit the standard I wanted for my van. Comfort seats can be very expensive tbh for a decent set, you only have to look on Fleabay to see what they fetch. You might be lucky to find some if you keep looking.

Sent from my knackered S4, so im Struggling to read owt, using MBClub UK

The bars with the single hole are for the rear of the seat as the rails have 3 holes in them and by sliding one forwards of your cut hole and one backwards you will get to all three mounts .

Nick
Hi I called to my steel stock holder today and the only flat available is 40mm x 12mm. Or 30mm x 10mm will the 40mm fit between the channels in the floor or is it crucial I use 30mm ?

Hi I called to my steel stock holder today and the only flat available is 40mm x 12mm. Or 30mm x 10mm will the 40mm fit between the channels in the floor or is it crucial I use 30mm ?

You will not get 40mm inside the rails.
30mm is fine as said.

Thanks for the info I was concerned about the width, 30mm x 10mm is what I will use ! Thanks again

You can remove the rivets in the middle tunnel but all the back is cut out of each base and it bolts in a different patten.
Just swap the bases, plenty used about.

Thanks for the info,I removed the rivets in the centre as described and as you said I was left with a missing corner! So I got some 2 mm flat steel sheet which I had folded and drilled then welded in place then bolted the seat box back in.

Hi all. First post here so, hi!

I'm looking to fit seats to my Vito and the information here has been very useful.
I managed to get some floor plates from the local salvage yard today. I've taken a photo as a reference of where they're fitted. I'll probably pop back and take some measurements so I know exactly where to place them.

Hope that's of use to someone. I'll put more pictures and info up as things progress.

If anyone's interested in new parts these are the details from Mercedes:

• MA003 990 98 12 Screw (3 per plate) £0.50
  • MA639 684 00 95/ 9B27 Plastic trim (1per plate) £4.10
  • MA639 684 01 95/ 9B27 Plastic trim (1 per plate) £4.10
  • MA950 20 00 Plate £19.60

Prices exclusive of VAT

There's two bits of trim for each rail; one front, one back. Sorry, don't know which part number is which.

Welcome to forum, VitoTom. Always room for another van owners!

Seats in

Got my seats in over the weekend. hopefully these pictures will help someone else out.

Here's the ply flooring that comes in the Dualiner with the cut-outs for the seat floor mounting plates .

I'd put one of the floor mounting plates in one of the cut-outs and drilled a hole in the hope I'd discover a thread. No such luck.

You'll see in the picture below (ply floor removed) holes drilled in the floor that correspond with the holes in the floor mounting plates. You'll also see the 31x80mm access hole cut-out of the floor that is needed to insert the steel under-floor plates. The steel plates can also been seen in this picture, they're 300x30x10mm and 150x30x10mm steel with M10x1.5 holes tapped. The longer one has the holes at 175mm centres. The shorter length has the hole in the centre.

Steel in the hole with adhesive applied.

Seats all mounted with the plastic trim attached to the floor mounting plates.

It took about 6hrs of solid effort to get this lot in.

The bar is flat steel 10mm thick 30mm wide 300mm long x3 and for the single hole I used 150mm long x 3.
Just add one more pair if you want that rail under the twin seat.
Between the 3 holes you drill in the floor, marked through the factory seat rails, cut a hole with a jigsaw 31mm x 60mm.
The bar needs drilling and tapping 10mm two in the long bar and one in the short.

These will go in the hole cut and slide along the rails into position.
I used two magnets and a bent welding rod through the bolt hole to guide into position.
When you know it fits take it out and clean the bars.
Then apply polyester sealant along the top of the bars and slide back in, this time bolt them up with the factory bolts and leave to dry.
Make sure you clean up the filings in the rails with a vac and then apply cavity wax with a tube on the can to get right along the rails.
Then close the hole cut with gaffer tape.
Then you can take the bolts out and the bars stay put.
Needs a good few hours to dry.
Put the ply, or mat back and fit the factory floor rails.
Job done.

does anyone do kits to do this?

Its not a kit but all parts from MB or salvage, done just as above pictures.
Steel bar easy avalable.
M10 tap, drill etc.

Neat job

Got my seats in over the weekend. hopefully these pictures will help someone else out.

Here's the ply flooring that comes in the Dualiner with the cut-outs for the seat floor mounting plates .

I'd put one of the floor mounting plates in one of the cut-outs and drilled a hole in the hope I'd discover a thread. No such luck.

You'll see in the picture below (ply floor removed) holes drilled in the floor that correspond with the holes in the floor mounting plates. You'll also see the 31x80mm access hole cut-out of the floor that is needed to insert the steel under-floor plates. The steel plates can also been seen in this picture, they're 300x30x10mm and 150x30x10mm steel with M10x1.5 holes tapped. The longer one has the holes at 175mm centres. The shorter length has the hole in the centre.

Steel in the hole with adhesive applied.

Seats all mounted with the plastic trim attached to the floor mounting plates.

It took about 6hrs of solid effort to get this lot in.

What a neat job. :bannana:

Just wanted to say Thankyou for all the info given have rear seats in with side privacy Windows just a quick question did any of you tell Dvla that you upgraded and how did anyone get around insurance if you fitted the seats yourself without a cert saying there safe
Thanks once again

Viano to vito sport

Hi everyone new member i have been browsing zenmans and others post,just a quick question to zenman i have a viano lwb 04 with sat nav and leather 7 seater i want to convert everything over to the vito sport 08 reg the reason being that the viano is rusty on every panel,i have cleared the vito sport of all interior and intend go put this back in the viano and vice versa with the front and rear seats also going in the vito from the viano,i have changed the mirrors door cards what else can i change sorry for long post but i want to changeover as much as possible before i sell on the viano and forget to take somethings of,thanks guys and girls:D

Hi you can change the lot over, inc alarm and over head control, heated seat switches.
steering wheel with controls cruise control, grab handles, sun visors and lights etc, long list.

Hi zenman thanks for the reply,i have taken the cab roof panel of i can see the looms that go down the pillars do these plug into the black box not sure whats its called on the right side under the dash in the viano,i have looked in the vito and dont have one of these black boxes?also is it possible to take the rear heater out of the viano and fit into the vito?and where is the the best place i can get privacy windows from i have it in the viano but i want to sell this on has a window van when i have changed everything over,also is it just a matter of unbolting the steering wheel and instument cluster to fit into the viano,and also satnav will i need the sharkfin from the roof of viano sorry for all questions but you seem to be the man to ask i am taking pics so hopefully would be help to others thanks again
.gary

Hi zenmam63 i know im a pain but did you read my message?just in the middle of stripping the viano so without sounding desperate just wondered if you coukd help me out on somethings im not sure about in previous message,do you know what the black box is with wires going into it looks like alot of the harnesses that connect into it do i need to take this out?also as in previous message can i fit the rear heater into the vito from the viano,i have looked at the wiring going into the roof would this come away as on entire loom?thanks zenman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom