w123 280CE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That looks to be one of the more expensive 123's you could ever wish to have there alabbasi..:):)

Beautiful looking car though!

Last edited:
That looks to be one of the more expensive 123's you could ever wish to have there alabbasi..:):)

Beautiful looking car though!

It all depends on your perspective :)

So far I have spent absolutely zero to get it running as I was able to raid my parts shelf. I drove it today as I had to move some cars around. I need to put a CO meter on it and fine tune the mixture but it runs quite well.

I plan on painting it myself and can hopefully continue to keep the costs down.

Pontoneer, yes I agree pal. Always worth putting in some TLC to get them back in order before pulling any money out. I was wondering if the fella you mentioned earlier in this thread who is breaking his W126 SEL would be willing to split interior for the velour material only? I'm a bit tight on space at mine at the minute so not really up for buying entire seat set. Have you seen the condition of them?

Ian, yeah would be nice to have the original seats restored so when I come to sell the car, I can put those back in and have the recaros sold separately or put aside for next project. Yeah Charles certainly gave me a giggle with that comment. haha

Re the 126 interior , I'll ask if he still has it . It was a couple of years back when I bought a couple of parts for my own SEL that he offered me the complete interior , and I declined as I had a nice leather interior I was happy with .

Unless he sold it to someone else , I'd think he would still have it stashed somewhere .

It's quite a high wool content but I've steam cleaned and vaxed successfully. Although just slightly too long in one spot with the steam cleaner left a mark. (Annoying.)

I've used a VAX to clean both cloth seats and carpets quite successfully ; haven't tried to clean velour but imagine it would be OK . Some sort of mild detergent would be beneficial too ( but try it on an inconspicuous area first - underneath of an armrest for example ) .

Pontoneer, thanks for that buddy.

Alabbasi, nice looking W123 there. Cars in America age pretty well compared to here in UK where they usually rust in the wet climate. I noticed the hood on yours is quiet different to mine, is that from a different model? Usually they a Chrome bezzel around the front grill.

WDM124066, great car, great condition. Only problem in my opinion is the little 4 pot engine under the hood. I've come across several articles of some crazy conversions that some people have carried out. A chap in Germany put a C43 engine into his w123. see: Elegantes Mercedes Youngtimer Coupé: Eins, zwei, drei – meins!: Bereits heute ein begehrter Mercedes Youngtimer: 1983er Mercedes-Benz 280 CE (W123) - Auto der Woche - Mercedes-Fans - Das Magazin für Mercedes-Benz-Enthusiasten

This crazy Russian managed to source a AMG 7.3L v12 engine (the same engine they used in pagani zondas) and put it into his w123 wagon! see: Mercedes W123 Wagon with a 7.3 L V12 ? Engine Swap Depot. A shame about his poor taste in alloys lol. Anyhow, I'm getting some seriously crazy ideas of my own. W123 chassis put downs power surprisingly well and is far better than anything American of the same period. I'm thinking of dropping a M113K (e55 w211 engine) into my w123 and doing my own take on a 'W123 CE55 AMG'. May sound crazy but these articles are somewhat inspiring. :)

Last edited:
You need a 230 to drive past the cafes slowly so your friends can see you, if you had a 280 you'd be too quick and they'd miss the action. Now, where's that Rembrandt. I think I'll touch up the reds this afternoon, I've a few brushes left over from painting the house...:):)

This might be more your cup of coffee, cheap too...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/mercedesbenz/auction-1222332726.htm

Last edited:
That is really beautiful. How low do you think that's been dropped, 50mm? haha you show off. ;) You want a 280 so you can keep up with modern traffic! :p

Do you want me to ask him...? Or you could join up and ask him yourself.

Be nice if you could remove it from my Country.

Last edited:
lol well it's not that far from how it left the factory other than being lowered a little and having a doll head stuck on the rear bumper. Don't know what you've got against it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom