W124 E200 with no ignition on cylinders 1 and 4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
'98 is too new for PMS.

What colour is your breaker?

James,

IIRC somewhere in this thread there is an explanation of how to check your coils to make sure they are still OK. If they check out OK then you don't need to replace them.

As far as finding a replacement PMS unit with the number 0185451132 look on ebay uk. There are plenty there for sale, they are all uncoded so a straightforward plug & play installation that you can do yourself.

0185451132 | eBay
Hey Neilrr and thank you for your information. It has been very helpful and I have now replaced my PMS ECU and the car is running on all 4! However there's a problem. The engine stalls if I'm not super careful on the throttle. I noticed this as well with the old ECU this winter when the engine was cold but immedeately dissapeared after around 15 seconds. Do you know what this can be? I am really close to have my benz working again!

Sincerely, James

Could be any # of things. I'd start here - w124 cold start valve - Google Search
Well, its always starting. The bloody thing's just stalling when pushing the gas pedal too rapidly. If I am careful with very moderate amount of throttle given, it revs up to whatever rpm I want. Its like the car goes in some limp mode and maybe it has with the new ECU to do? I took the battery of and I am gona leave it like that for a couple of hours and see if it does the trick!

Hello, i hope there's still someone active here I have the same problem mentioned here a few times-my w124 e200 (m111.940 2.0 engine) has a faulty ICU-only two cylinders are working (probably short-circuited because of the "eco" wiring loom, which has been fixed, i also changed the ignition coils and cables). The problem is i can't find a replacement unit with the same part number ANYWHERE on the internet, it's like it doesn't exist. The number is 0155450132, bosch 0261200612. I'm not the first owner of the car and the unit has already been replaced as far as i can tell (c200 written on the back, probably the car it was originally from). So i was wondering which other units fit my car, which numbers? Also does it have to be bosch or can it be siemens? Is there somewhere i can look this up? Thank you in advance

Will this work? It has a 1995 manufacture date, so maybe NOS that's been on a dealer's shelf for a long time?

Will this work? It has a 1995 manufacture date, so maybe NOS that's been on a dealer's shelf for a long time?

Hmm i don't know that's why im here. So in the description there's a few different numbers, I'm not sure what does that mean-are those all available ones by the seller or the one in the title can replace those from the description? I'll try to contact the seller, but it's really anoying how hard this info is to come by, I've contacted a few Mercedes service shops and no one knows anything.
I'm not from UK so the shipping is going to be a lot, so i want to make sure i buy the right part.

That part is in Germany.

Very often MB changed the part # at points throughout the run life of that part, sometimes as a result of changing suppliers (Bosch to Siemens for these PMS units for e.g.) I believe he's saying 018 545 44 32 was replaced by part # 018 545 43 32 (or vice versa) & then that part # was replaced by the final incarnation (& most common part #), 015 545 01 32. They are all suitable, just the part #s changed throughout the lifetime of that parts being made for MB.

I'd ask the seller, he seems to sell a lot of PMS units & probably knows his business & then try to confirm it's correct by asking any MB dealer parts department, which should be able to tell you what other part #s will work instead of 015 545 01 32.

Thanks, I ordered the one you sent me the link for on ebay, the seller says it should work with my car, I'll update you when it arrives!

Thanks, I ordered the one you sent me the link for on ebay, the seller says it should work with my car, I'll update you when it arrives!
It arrived, we tried it on, the car won't start at all, no spark on any of the cylinders. Tried the old faulty one again just to make sure the problem is not elsewhere-works like before, so this unit doesn't fit after all...

If there is no spark at the end of the spark plug wire for all 4 cylinders wouldn't that indicate the new PMS unit doesn't work at all & isn't sparking on any cylinder rather than doesn't fit (suit) the car?

If there is no spark at the end of the spark plug wire for all 4 cylinders wouldn't that indicate the new PMS unit doesn't work at all & isn't sparking on any cylinder rather than doesn't fit (suit) the car?
I'm not sure, it is possible that the seller sent me a unit that doesn't work

It was advertised as "New". Does it appear to be new?

In any event, they offer a replace or refund option - "In case of complaint, product should be sent at your own expenses. We guarantee to exchange the product or to return the money equal to the product’s price. Each part is sealed. Breaking the seal will void the warranty"

Breaking the seal will void the warranty ...

What seal?

Could you post a picture of this new PMS unit?

I returned the unit from ebay since it wasn't working for whatever reason. Does anyone know for sure which part numbers are compatible with my car (w124 e200 94' 2.0 petrol, manual). The only one that works for sure is 015 545 0132, but mine is dead and i can't find this one anywhere (+it's not the original unit for this car, it has already been changed-the original unit part number must have been 0155457032/2632 according to mb parts catalogue.)

I returned the unit from ebay since it wasn't working for whatever reason. Does anyone know for sure which part numbers are compatible with my car (w124 e200 94' 2.0 petrol, manual). The only one that works for sure is 015 545 0132, but mine is dead and i can't find this one anywhere (+it's not the original unit for this car, it has already been changed-the original unit part number must have been 0155457032/2632 according to mb parts catalogue.)
Update: i tried a few random units and the one with number 015 545 7232 works! The car is running like brand new, thank you everyone for help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom