W124 gtg in London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
sorry guys, not gonna make it tomorrow, have a great day x

Also have velour style mats for 124 (dark blue) which I will bring if anyone interested.

Two front and two rear, which I purchased for temporary use whilst sourcing some mushroom ones for my car which has the azurite blue body colour.

These are non original Mercedes mats, but fit and look good.

" I always think the worst of people, as I hate disappointment.

But I find I am often pleasantly surprised" .

If I was organising an event smilar to this I would expect half to turn up !

Also have velour style mats for 124 (dark blue) which I will bring if anyone interested.

Two front and two rear, which I purchased for temporary use whilst sourcing some mushroom ones for my car which has the azurite blue body colour.

These are non original Mercedes mats, but fit and look good.

Certainly wouldn't mind a gander.

Well, attempting to clean the car today in this heat was not great. Far too many soap marks given how quickly the water dried in the blast furnace.

Certainly wouldn't mind a gander.

Well, attempting to clean the car today in this heat was not great. Far too many soap marks given how quickly the water dried in the blast furnace.

I have not washed mine since winter - probably still has salt on it, but it helps make the frilly edges blend in better when it is dirty.

Perhaps I will leave it out of the carport tonight in case it rains, then it will be cleaner.

I tend to look after the mechanics well but just cannot be faffed with cleaning.

Saying that, I know the error of my ways, and plan to have a go at the bodywork before summer is out, now that I have finally got the two front wings; one of them actually in azurite.

172,000+ miles and counting - my daily driver.

I don't think I will be winning any awards !

So, plenty of cash seems to be the order of the day tomorrow then, with all the goodies being brought along by various members.

Likes driving - hates polishing.

It might win the most honest prize. Mind you, we'd need to be able to tell that it's a W124 under all the dirt!

Sad to hear that Sarah,maybe next time ehhh.I`ll make sure i`ll get a few pic :)

It might win the most honest prize. Mind you, we'd need to be able to tell that it's a W124 under all the dirt!

Does not look like I will win any prize,as much as i hoped to get the saloon on the road before this :(

Wot, no W124 d W124?

The world (ok the pub car park) will be a sadder place for it!

Wot, no W124 d W124?

The world (ok the pub car park) will be a sadder place for it!

I`ll be driving the estate,last time i checked was a W124(S124)
Anyway:Just got back home and i think i`ll have a hangover tomorrow :D
See you all than :bannana::bannana::bannana:

Hey peeps.. wow, either i missed this thread or i noted it down and not kept it in my diary.

I think tomorrow will be difficult to come down, as i will a) be hoping to use the e350 and not the w124, even though weather is perfect and b) going to be in Surrey for a silverstone BBQ and then World cup final in evening.

argh,, this would have been a nice day out actually.. as the weather is perfect and id love to put some faces to the members..

So please accept my apologies for ignorance on not keeping upto date on this GTG, and have a great day.. Look forward to some pics from the event.

If i'm allowed to attend with out the w124, please let me know, and i will see if i can do a whistle stop pass by.

and no.. trailer not possible to bring the w124 along with me lol

;)

Happy to have you drop by Boss, or indeed anyone else.

Have a great day guys, sorry I can't make it, I was really looking forward to it too :(

Get some pics up asap!

Soory peeps, Iv had pull out of this aswell, something came up last minute...Iv waited as late as i can to give myself a chance of getting there even for the last couple of hours, but its not going to happen.....

Hope everyone is haveing a brill time!

Dee

So how did it go, many people turn up? :)

Thanks to Dash especially, the other organisers, and everyone else who turned up. It was great to match faces to names, and chat about things w124.

It was also great to see that twin turbo 124 estate :eek:

So how did it go, many people turn up? :)

It was good and i think that we had a great time :).About half turned up buit was very good.Since i did not know anyone apart from Niks,it was nice to meet all of you :):thumb:.I`ll post some pic soon as i get a chance

gtg004.jpg

gtg018.jpg

gtg020.jpg

gtg019.jpg

gtg014.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom