• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W124 gtg in London

Having a bit of problem with the pic,i`ll upload some more later

C'mon - details!

Who owns the red mongrel?

gtg018.jpg

Pleasure to meet all you guys and girls.
Sorry we had to scoot back up North just as some of you were turning up. Finally made it to the cold North West around ten to six.
Lots of muppertry on the way back with outside lane hoggers and Silverstone kicking out. TG we were North bound, South bound was stopped, with a couple of fender benders. Nice to see a bit of London and drive under the O2 Arena. It’s been a while since I have been in the Capital City.
Special thanks to Dash for nailing it all altogether. Also to IBW for sharing the drive. It would have been a lonely plod North with such a slow pace on the way back without someone to moan with about other people’s crappy driving.
Watch out for a photo from Ian of an AC Cobra we managed to catch up. I tell you it was three lanes solid at the time. Nice burble to that puppy.
Best registration spotted all day. VITO V on a……… yup Vito. Guess he was at Sillverstone as we saw him on the way down and left him for dead on the way back once the traffic thinned out.
Perhaps we can do it all again sometime.

Hi Guys
had a great afternoon, nice to see everyone in the flesh instead of cyber space. A big thanks to Dash for sorting all the arrangements, you deserve a good pat on your back my friend. I have a few pics to share not any close ups so the rust cant be seen:thumb:

Attachments

• gtg1.JPG
    gtg1.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 479
  • gtg2.JPG
    gtg2.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 102
  • gtg3.JPG
    gtg3.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 101
2 more pics

Attachments

• gtg4.JPG
    gtg4.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 98
  • gtg5.jpg
    gtg5.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 99
lol yeh had a gd time guys was def werth the 4.5hr drive home still cant get over that amg tt estate lovley did any1 notice ware the boost gage was ?????
i had a quick look and clouldbt c it lol and

charles even tho you were what u were ur a sound chap lol
dash mate sound for sorting that out

thanks to every1 who showd up:thumb::thumb::thumb:

:bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana:

o p.s i saw a 190 evo on the drive homw very nice :P

What a very nice way to spend a Sunday. Not quite knowing what to expect, I met some lovely people, saw some super cars, and realised that the W124 isn't just a great Mercedes, it is a brilliant conversation piece!

Thanks very much to Dash for making it happen and for the cake - when he said he had a W124 cake I had visions of South Park's Ferrari cake for Satan's halloween party, but the reality was much more successful.

To next time?!

Howdy Chaps, was great to see everyone today and put a face to you all!! A big well done to Dash for arranging the meet and to the gents who travelled long distances to be there (Blackpool and the West Country)!!

Many thanks to Ian for his knowledge and having a look over my engine and letting me know that the car looks as though she's had a recent head gasket change and radiator :bannana:

As a merc newbie and new to this forum, i wasn't sure as what to expect but have to say it was great meeting with everyone and look forward to the next meet!

Cheers, Justin.

Post #203

Would never forget the ladies. As we all know the very name Mercedes is the name of the first Mercedes designer's daughter.

Post #203

Would never forget the ladies. As we all know the very name Mercedes is the name of the first Mercedes designer's daughter.

lol yeh we all new that lol and this miss's says thank u all for making her feel welcome and she may of looked bored at times but she did have a gd time 2 (just looks like a missarble cow lmao) slap ow!!!!! lol

Was nice to meet Sam your missus too mate - glad you both had a safe journey back and enjoyed the delights of Lee, even if the hotel was a little worse for wear!

Had a great time!. Thanks for the cake.

Thanks for all the compliments and i loved the diversity of w124`s and owners who made it down.

Well done for organising , you deserve a medal.

looks like a lovely event, and sad i could not make it...

when is the next mbclub uk GTG in or around London...?

cheers

Hey guys! today (well yesterday technically) was a great day! It really was a pleasure to meet all of you and a big thank you to everyone who made the effort to attend! All of the cars there were absolutely lovely (no matter how clean or dirty!) and from now on, we will be organising more W124 meets with hopes of more people attending.

A big thank you to Dash for organising the GTG and also the cake!

Also another thank you to Charles for organising the competition :)

Once I get the photos sorted, i'll upload them onto here.

Looks like a good day!
Really hope i get my motor sorted before the next one

So who won the prizes?

Niks won for the car you`ll like to take home
John won for the most honest w124

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom