W124 gtg in London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I notice you said you "hired" a whole floor Dash. Dont be afraid to "pass the hat" Not having you out of pocket on this one.

I notice you said you "hired" a whole floor Dash. Dont be afraid to "pass the hat" Not having you out of pocket on this one.

For sure, lets face it, they are not going to make a fortune on alchol sales from us lot. A cab fare home for me will be £700 so I will staying sober.
let us know of any incurred costs mate.
I will bring some stickers and a felt tip so we can wear our user name tags in a speed dating kind of way:eek:

except Charles for obvious reasons

Will they have pretty bar maids there like the one in the pic on their website?

Really looking forward to seeing lots of w124s all in one place.

Ive got a friend to bring his coupe along. :bannana:
I also have friend asking to drive my cabriolet to the gtg. :dk:

I hope the car park is a nice big one.

by the way is anyone with a 500e coming?

regards.
Boomtings.

you forgot to mention the topless barmaid!!! if you want her to serve you, its £30 per pint:D

Dude:That`s can be arranged but we have some females coming + than everyone would talk about her instead of the W124s :D

How much petrol are you spending for coming down?;)

Really looking forward to seeing lots of w124s all in one place.
I hope the car park is a nice big one.

by the way is anyone with a 500e coming?

regards.
Boomtings.

The car park is big enough for all the cars,just try to come early before the customers :thumb:.I`m afraid no 500Es are coming unless Winton pops along

Argh, I was just about to put my name on the list, I know it's late notice, but I didn't know whether I'd be free. Anyway, my w124 won't start after I renewed the brake fluid. Details here:
What have I done? - brake bleed = non-starter

Any ideas? I'm just going to go back downstairs to properly dry-out the area and have another go...

come on man, pump some life back into the ole girl!

Just come back and the battery's dead, so charging it up and seeing what tomorrow brings. I'll be coming on Sunday if I can get the old girl going, right now thinking I've disturbed some electrics doing my brake bleed, and main culprit now is the OVP fuse. That can wait till tomorrow. I'm having a beer.

1. DW124
2. Charles Morgan
3. Ian B Walker
4. Trapperjohn
5. MissyD
6. pupsi
7. kth286
8. EDZ649
9.Winton (can you confirm)
10.MBK
11.Dee-124CAB
12.Niks
13.bh13coupe
14.mattc (please confirm)
15.imbck666
16.bigyin1
17.boomtings
18.Jeremy 2516
19.andymerc
20.Jean with his nice cab (non member)
21.SorryPete (if I can get it running by Sun)

Just come back and the battery's dead, so charging it up and seeing what tomorrow brings. I'll be coming on Sunday if I can get the old girl going, right now thinking I've disturbed some electrics doing my brake bleed, and main culprit now is the OVP fuse. That can wait till tomorrow. I'm having a beer.

1. DW124
2. Charles Morgan
3. Ian B Walker
4. Trapperjohn
5. MissyD
6. pupsi
7. kth286
8. EDZ649
10.MBK
11.Dee-124CAB
12.Niks
13.bh13coupe
15.imbck666
16.bigyin1
17.boomtings
18.Jeremy 2516
19.andymerc

cough!!! forgeting some 1 i thinks

1. DW124
2. Charles Morgan
3. Ian B Walker
4. Trapperjohn
5. MissyD
6. pupsi
7. kth286
8. EDZ649
10.MBK
11.Dee-124CAB
12.Niks
13.bh13coupe
15.imbck666
16.bigyin1
17.boomtings
18.Jeremy 2516
19.andymerc
22.Chriss428

Sorry guys, gotta give this a miss..

1. DW124
2. Charles Morgan
3. Ian B Walker
4. Trapperjohn
5. MissyD
6. pupsi
7. kth286
10.MBK
11.Dee-124CAB
12.Niks
13.bh13coupe
15.imbck666
16.bigyin1
17.boomtings
18.Jeremy 2516
19.andymerc
22.Chriss428

May I ask someone to bring along a camera to take some photos? My one is currently discharged ( groan) and I can't find the charger.

May I ask someone to bring along a camera to take some photos? My one is currently discharged ( groan) and I can't find the charger.

No problem :thumb:

shall we do a w124 only carboot sale? :D:D:D

I have a 124 offside (driver side) front wing in excellent condition.

Shall I bring that - anyone interested ?

It is in nautic blue for anyone with that period colour for an absolutely perfect match.

Good original non rusty wings are now getting very rare.

Copy verses second hand original.

As I have a bit of a rust bucket in terms of my frilly edged wings I have been looking over the past year for good quality replacements without having to resort to Mercedes original at approx £212 (vat included each).

That route is an expensive job when taking account the painting and then actual replacement time.

So, good copy wings at around the £50/60 mark (which the best seem to be) or good second hand wings at around the same price is a good proposition, as long as the quality of the car is not compromised too much.

So, after looking at various example of both types of wings (copies and second hand) I have come to the conclusion that good second hand wings is the way to go; if they can be found.

1. Weight of the wings are different, copies are proportionally much lighter than the 4 Kg of original ones.

2. They therefore sound different when tapped even when installed on car.

3. The thin construction will deteriorate quick when rust gets hold.

4. The crumple factor of the bodywork in a crash will be reduced, therefore less safe.

5. The two corners on the top of the rear of the wings just do not look finished properly and will need fetling to get a match to the bonnet line to get a professional finish. This costs time and therefore money, and really a trial fit would be needed first with a copy wing; adding to the cost.

An original wing can just be painted knowing it is going to fit first time - less cost.

That last point is the clincher for me, and you should look at that area on any copy wing you internd buying and compare it (if possible) to an original wing, which I have been able to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom